Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

To Do List Anyone?

Errand day today...

Book next acupuncture appointment 

Book oven company to come and fix our oven ASAP

Text cleaner to confirm new day/time

Ned's washing

Load and run dishwasher 

Hoover downstairs

Mop kitchen

Banking

Sync and update iPhone / Backup photos

Order a few bits for the baby (spreading the cost!)

Anyone else?!

Replies

• Mine:

Make chocolate brownies for a post birth (and post diabetes) binge.

Have baby.

• Your day sounds better than mine!

• Surely hoovering is now H's job with your SPD? I can do the stairs with my hand held but using the upright is out of the question!

• Hepburn - How often do you have your cleaner? I'm thinking about getting one. I hate cleaning / spending my spare time outside of work cleaning! I work 50 hours a week and can afford one so think why not? Why not spend some of that money on doing something that has to be done, which I don't really want to do! Free's up my time to do other fun things! x

• That's a bit of a list there! Do you have N or can you just blitz it all?

We have visitors from tomorrow so I must clean the whole house - just a wipe over, not nesting style anymore.

I need to buy cartridges for E's nappy disposal system

I need to buy a sling - I say "need" lightly. But I am currently researching this online while E sleeps, instead of getting on with my jobs!

I need to descale the sterilser for the first time

I ned to do an online shop

I need to take the huge back of recycling to the tip a few miles away

I need to transfer all my appointments into my new phone

I've a load of our washing to do, and a load of Es.

I need to phone my insurance company and make sure I am OK to drive

I need to phone my Hs insurance company and tell them we are married so that our married quarter is covered insurance wise - he keeps putting this off

I've a weeks worth of mail to file away

I've to phone and insure Hs Iphone, after he lost it yesterday and informed me he'd not bothered to do this when he got it!

I've also a massive list of thank you cards to write before the weekend

I've some cakes to bake before the visitors arrive

I need to find a gift for my best friend, who is visiting tomorrow (perhaps left that a bit late!)

I've also promised to pop in on my friend 2 doors down who has another friend visiting with a LO who she'd like me to meet.

And most importantly, I need to wash my hair, put on a facemask and relax a little too!

• Wait for washing to finish and hang up

Clean kitchen and living room and put dinner in slow cooker

Eat ice and rest my back

Wait for delivery of new dyson and all baby stuff (very excited about this and am hoping it doesn't come in the hour or so I'm out picking N up!)

Pick N up at 1

Stop off at supermarket and buy ingredients for huge shepherd's pie I have to make as sil and two nephews are staying for a long weekend

Eat ice and rest my back

Make cupcakes with N

• Little Madam your list is immense!

Mine is mostly easy stuff to cross off and I shall be delegating the hoovering to H this evening along with the mopping I think. I need to somehow motivate myself to get dressed first!

We used to have a fortnightly clean on a Friday but that guy broke our oven last week so he's been sacked and we have a new lady starting weekly from next Thursday at 10am. It's £27 a week for 2hrs through a company. So glad I've used a company as its meant all the damage to our oven has been paid for by them, I think I'd have struggled to get the money out of an independent cleaner! It means H and I don't spend our free time cleaning. We may stop it once I'm on maternity leave for a while though just because I don't want to have to escape with a newborn every Thursday for 2 hours!

• My list is too long. I can't even face writing it

I thought I was on a course today but found out last night, after Id cancelled my plans for today that its next week. Urgh! So instead I might take M swimming and do housework later!

• My dad has just announced he is coming over at 11am to take us for cake and a cuppa. I Love him!

• Hepburn - Thats how long I am considering getting one for, 2 hours a week. I know the odd bit will need done on that but sooner that than me spend ages doing it (or it never gets done, which admittedly is what usually happens!). I've been priced between £22 - £24 a week for this but thats with us providing our own cleaning equipment. All quotes through a company, I'll definitely stick with a company now you have pointed the benefits out! Could you not just stay in one room when cleaner comes during maternity leave? I think thats the time when you might really appreciate her the most! Enjoy your cake! :)

• Here's my list for today and tomorrow:

Add items to the online food order (being delivered tomorrow)

Dust

F's washing

Ironing

Hoover upstairs and downstairs

Wash floors downstairs

Strip our bed and wash bedding

Wash F's sheets and sleeping bag

Walk to shop to pick up WW wine

De-scale kettle

Wrap F's birthday presents for next week

Peel potatoes for dinner tonight

I've washed the kitchen floor but not the hallway. Will save that for tomorrow. I did walk to the shop for wine though!

• I know.. I don't think it's all acheievable is it! Gah. Have got upstairs done now, washing is in.. It's a bit slow going at the moment working around E's naps and food.

Delegation sounds like a fab plan, and definately do the easy stuff first too - my H is out all night tonight on excercise, and won't be back till my visitors are here - uh-oh... Best get cracking!

• Going to see how we get on with having baby and the cleaner, may have to decamp to a friend's each Thursday!

• I'm off on Thursdays.... X

• That's me sorted then, you can have new baby cuddles!

• Awesome.

Aside, do you really wash Ned's stuff separately to your own?!

• Yep! Only cos he generates so much of it, it fills a load on its own.

We do his sheets etc. with our stuff but easier to do his stuff every time there is a full load!