Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Travel cots - any recommendations?

As above really, thinking about getting a travel cot for occasional use when away, I'm surprised by how much price varies (£25-£200 from a quick browse). Any good functions to look for (am not bothered about a changer on top) or ones to avoid? Thanks x

Replies

• We had the Little Life Arc one, we chose it because it packs up really small and light.  We did a fair few flights so this was handy, as well as meaning it didn't take up lots of space in the car, in fact it fitted in the footwell behind the drivers seat.

• We bought a koo di pop up one for holidays which has been really useless, b likes laying in it all the time and is using it for daytime naps aswell at the moment

• We have the basic Mothercare one, think it was £50 and is currently on its 3rd child and still going strong.  The boys have all slept well in it but it is bulky and wouldn't be easy to take on a plane (although we did once).  You can buy extra mattresses for them but mine have all be fine with the thin one that comes with it.

• We have a Koo-Di pop up Moses basket too. It's great. Folds down so small. N always slept well in it. We have a basic Argos travel cot now he's bigger, cost about £25.

• I bought the red kite cot from Asda, think it was on sale for £20. Isobelle has always slept well in it & funnily enough it's the one they use at her nursery too. It's currently selling for £27 in Asda