Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wed 3rd tri

Hello ladies.

Sorry I didn't make it back on yesterday, I had quite a busy day in the end and just didn't get much chance. J flatly refused to open his mouth for the dentist - hopefully there's nothing sinister going on in there and his teeth are all ok. Mine were, so that was good. It's my last day at work today, yay! Looking forward to getting a lunchtime nap in as of tomorrow, and also some sorting started. A hospital bag, birth plan, and some nappies for Attila would be good to have!

Hope everyone is good, good luck if today is the day Monnie!

Replies

• Hello!   Wow, how quiet is it????

SG happy last day at work!  I hope it is going well and they're letting you have an easy day??  I bet you can't wait until it's home time.

I have been swimming today, I was trying to avoid doinga anything until my physio referral came through but i have no idea how long that is going to take.  I'll have probably had the baby by the time I hear.  I'm considering paying privately for help, anyone got any experience?

• Hiya Imp. Rubbish that the physio is taking ages to come through. I had a really bad back last pregnancy and couldn't really walk or stand up for more than a couple of mins at a time. I saw the hospital physio, who was rubbish and gave me a giant tubigrip for my bump and told me to take it easy (but generally just suck it, I was pregnant and could expect backache.) I also saw an osteopath who did a bit more, but didn't really make it any better- sorry, no positive tales here I'm afraid. I think it's hard to treat pregnancy related ailments as the root cause can't really be treated, though with that said a physio should be able to give advice on how to minimise the issues and prevent you doing any damage. I think it'd be worth seeing one privately if you can afford it, they can advise and see if there's any treatment they might be able to offer. If it's spd related I'd avoid breast stroke legs for the swimming, but otherwise I think swimming should help as it's so low impact.

Afm I'm home from work now with flowers, chocs, magazines, baby clothes, John lewis vouchers, and eye cream and skin brightener! Feeling very spoilt by work, I do have a lovely office generally and I'm very lucky. Planning a restful afternoon of lounging around, possibly opening the chocolates, and reading magazines. :-)

• Thanks for that SG, that't interesting to hear about the physio not being up to much.  I sort of wondered if that might be the case! I'll maybe see about finding someone privately I think.  Interesting e too that you haven't suffered this time around, so there is hope for next time!

How lovely that you've been so spoilt!  I think chocolates and magazines sound like the perfect way to spend the afternoon!