Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wednesday First Tri

Morning! 

If you see me on here today, tell me off! Jude is going out with grandparents and I need to sort out our tip of a house. Pregnancy wise nothing to report really. 

Hannah x

Replies

• You're obviously not reading this, Hannah, so I won't ask you what you're up to in the house :)

I'm just grateful not to see my period, keep assuming it's going to rock up all big and bold lol. Nausea consistent.

Sat last night and talked hubby through the b!tch of a pregnancy I had first time around and he looked a bit concerned by the end, lol. Still, the birth was easy, every cloud...

I'm not a patient person so not being able to tell people, and being SO VERY FAR from being able to tell people is somewhat frustrating.

Think the drop in temperature should be good for all the upduffed ladies :)

• **pokes in nose** is this where pregnant people hang out?!

Well I'm finally surging to admit that might include me! I was brave enough to do a CBd this morning and actually saw the words pregnant 1-2! I'm not 4 weeks until tomorrow so very early days and having had obvious losses I'm  pretty nervous. I'll be booking an early scan but that's a long was off yet so just one day at a time for now. Ive jut moved house and have no broadband yet so relying on my phone for 3G means I can't get on much or see properly to do personals so I'll promise to be a better joiner-iner once we are up and running, which should be later today.

I'm a bit annoyed that I already feel sick, I had to abandon my coffee yesterday and run to the loo as i thought it was coming back! Yuck! Wasn't expecting that at all as with P I had no symptoms at all until 6/7 weeks. My boobs are very sore too. Doesn't bode well for the coming weeks if I feel like this already.

I hope you are all well and I'm looking forward to joining in properly.

• AutumnRose

**pokes in nose** is this where pregnant people hang out?!

Well I'm finally surging to admit that might include me! I was brave enough to do a CBd this morning and actually saw the words pregnant 1-2! I'm not 4 weeks until tomorrow so very early days and having had obvious losses I'm  pretty nervous. I'll be booking an early scan but that's a long was off yet so just one day at a time for now. Ive jut moved house and have no broadband yet so relying on my phone for 3G means I can't get on much or see properly to do personals so I'll promise to be a better joiner-iner once we are up and running, which should be later today.

I'm a bit annoyed that I already feel sick, I had to abandon my coffee yesterday and run to the loo as i thought it was coming back! Yuck! Wasn't expecting that at all as with P I had no symptoms at all until 6/7 weeks. My boobs are very sore too. Doesn't bode well for the coming weeks if I feel like this already.

I hope you are all well and I'm looking forward to joining in properly.

Hello! Glad to see you. Nice to see someone in my timeframe, lol. I did a test Monday and I'm now 4wks+1 which I find kind of hilarious, because it's so EARLY. And I've miscarried before so I'm aware, and every time I go to the loo I hope not to see any bad news.

I had symptoms (sore boobs, nausea) from 3 dpo, which sounds mental, but I was posting on the TTC board saying 'I know this is crazy, but...', and it was true! I've logged at the docs and read loads of stuff (I haven't been pregnant since 1997).

I have got sickness bands for overnight and they seemed to help last night but I can't wear them at work so it's polos and crackers for me! I felt sick the whole 9.5 months with my son, and yet never puked, hated it!

• Just took a call from midwife. First appt end next month. Surreal....

• Hi everyone! Happy hump day!

Isis - I am sure you won't be here reading this ;) But just in case hello and hope the cleaning wasn't too boring!

Counter- I hope the time until your first midwife appointment goes quickly. First tri goes so slowly doesn't it!

AR- Hello and welcome, nice to see you in here :) Hope you're not feeling too rough... maybe your body is getting the nasty symptoms out the way early!!

I'm doing okay today but yesterday was one of my least favourite days in pregnancy so far. Poor OH didn't get his birthday takeaway as I was in bed early with a migraine- sods law isn't it! I've promised him a birthday do-over! This is the second migraine in a fortnight and paracetamol doesn't really touch it ....only sleep sorts it out, although I'm still feeling 'delicate' today.... felt very reluctant to come to work this morning!

We also got our tesco delivery yesterday and I *may* have ordered a plum, just to see what size the baby is. Does that make me a mad pregnant lady?!

• Rose

We also got our tesco delivery yesterday and I *may* have ordered a plum, just to see what size the baby is. Does that make me a mad pregnant lady?!

<dashes off to buy a poppy seed>

Wink

• afternoon ladies :)

quick one from me as I'm at work.

Isis, hope  you are getting on with all that housework!

Counter and AR - welcome!!  AR, I knew you wouldn't be far behind me x

Rose, yup that is madness ordering a plum Laugh Hope the migraine is shifting.

AFM, well I feel rotten today, I think my sore b00bs are easing (is it wrong that I wish they were still sore as I want as many symptoms as poss!), but I felt quite tired and nauseous earlier, although they seem to be improving.  I've got heartburn as well, I thought that was supposed to be a 3rd tri symptom?!  Hopefully my lunch will sort me out.  And bloated doesn't begin to touch on how big I am!  I'm holding out till two weeks on Fri till the early scan before looking at mat clothes, don't want to tempt fate.  

I do have the irrational emotions that you are supposed to get later in 1st tri (according to my book).  My poor H can't do anything right at the moment, even the way he talks is annoying me Weep.  Good job I'm in my bed early each night!

Hope everyone is doing okay, will try and get back on later x

• I'm not here, promise! Just sorted sons room out, looks loads better. We're going to ikea on Saturday to get some trofast for it, it's his 4th birthday in a couple of weeks and I anticipate more Lego and toys so want somewhere to keep it all neat :)

• weekender

And bloated doesn't begin to touch on how big I am!  I'm holding out till two weeks on Fri till the early scan before looking at mat clothes, don't want to tempt fate.  

Sorry, a shiny new poster here - how far are you?

I showed nothing at all in my first, until week 15 and then BAM! I grew like a monster from then on....

• Counter I'm 6+2! It is baby 2 so expect to show earlier (people began to ask if I was pregnant when I was 17 weeks last time) but hoped I'd get closer to end of first tri before I coukdnt fasten my trousers.

Isis, good plan with the trofast. My SS has loads of Lego, I hate the stuffLaugh

• weekender

Counter I'm 6+2!

Wowser!! Eek

• Im sure its mainly water. Im trying to drink lots to shift it, but no success at the moment!

• Good luck with that! ...I'm grateful for the warning.

• Hello all!

Isis - not sure if you'll be back or not but good effort with the tidying!!

counter I'm about 8+4 and still kinda worry about bleeding! I think that anxiety is inevitable (esp for those of us with previous losses). Brilliant news about the MW appointment.

Hi AR! And welcome!! lovely to see you although I'm sorry you're already feeling dodgy. I hope it's not the status quo for the next few weeks.

Rose that's hilarious!! I can totally understand it though! You won't  be able to eat said Plum though will you?? That's bad news re the migraine. My H gets them occassionally and they are just crippling. Hope you manage to enjoy some post birthday celebrations.

Weekender I'm with you on the irrational feelings and am glad i'm not alone!! Hope the next two weeks fly in for you!

AFM nought much to report! Feeling like I have a sore tummy today (you know when you've eaten too much of something you shouldn't like takeaway) is that normal?? Private scan next week, booking appointment the week after that and then our dating scan. Lots going on in the near future which is finally a relief. Early 1st tri drags but I'm finding as the weeks progress it gets a bit quicker. Not sure if that's because I'm more relaxed that I was in the early weeks!

• HI Everyone

Isis glad the sort out is going well - hello if you sneak a peak later!

Counter hope everything goes well! I told people pretty early - my H is away for 4 months so I wanted the support plus they would have guessed within about 3 seconds flat when I refused a glass of wine.

Woo hoo AR so pleased you're here - massive congratulations again. If it makes you feel better I was a bit sick the first few days after I found out but I think it was shock more than anything and then settled down again.

Rose hoep you feel better now, poor hubby won't mind he can have a treat anytime - loving the fruit ordering, think I'll get a ticker after my early scan and see what it comes out as.

Weekender I'm with you on the bloating it's ridiculous! Hope you feel better soon (but still have symptoms) and H should eb grateful he's just on the recieveing wnd of the emotions and not having to be pregnant!

AFM had the midwife this morning so nice lie in which was bliss on a wednesday. Everything was fine - BMI, BP, CO2 all spot on and I don't have any risk factors so she was pleased with me. I did have to laugh at telling her I didn't smoke and never had to then be presented with the CO2 monitor in case I was lying.

Got loads of info and I've signed up for a trial - I had a loop biopsy about 18 months ago and the trial is to scan the cervix regularly after 24 weeks in women who had the treatment so thought that would be good.

6+1 xx

• HI SP sorry I missed you there. I've had the sore tummy thing and think it's just things stretching and moving - plus the bloat! 1st tri defintiely drags but is getting easier - 6 weeks was defintiely a big milestone for me for some reason xx

• SP I think the sore tummy is normal, pregnancy does weird things to digestion! Am I right in thinking you are in Glasgow? Can I ask how much your private scan is and where you are getting it done? I'm considering getting one, don't think I can wait for the nhs one, I'm in Edinburgh ans they all seem so expensive.

• Counter, I'm 10 weeks and have started wearing maternity clothes, it's my second pregnancy! I'm thinking its mostly bloating as its settled down a bit today which would be fit with what I've read but I had a proper bump by 16 weeks last time. I'm only 5ft so it means I have to go out to fit the baby in!

• Grif, good to hear Im not the only bloated one at 6 weeks, although obviously hope yours goes back down!  Glad your booking in went well :)

• Grif

Counter hope everything goes well! I told people pretty early - my H is away for 4 months so I wanted the support plus they would have guessed within about 3 seconds flat when I refused a glass of wine.

THIS!!!! I want to tell people because I am a total wine fiend and they will guess immediately. Yes, they know we planned to try on honeymoon etc, but even so, to not have 2 or 3 will just seem weird to them.

I say: if they guess (which would be those totally closest to us) let's tell them

H says: no

I say: I would tell them if we had a mc

H says: I know, that's fine

So to me it makes no difference, but I did ask him beforehand, about three months ago... "when we start trying, *IF* I get pregnant, I will want to tell everyone. I will have a thousand reasons for doing so. You must stop me. Okay?" and he agreed. But now I need him to go back on that ha ha ha