Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weekend 2nd tri

2»

Replies

• ahhhh Fig I'm a surrey girl as well.  Whereabouts are you?

• Fig, it's so hard when a house you love doesn't work out and nothing else seems to live up to it.  We were like that, as we had seen a terraced house in Oxted we LOVED, but since we were in Paris at the time by the time I could arrange to see it it was already under offer :(  The house we went for isn't perfect, but as time has gone on we have gotten more and more excited about it, so I don't think the meh feeling will last too long if it's really a good house for you.  So difficult, though.

I'm afraid I can't really contribute to the conversation on mat leave as I'm only doing odd days at the BM and volunteering now, but I think I would have gone for mat leave to start at 38/39 weeks and a couple weeks A/L before.  It's difficult because some places won't let you carry over your annual leave if the baby comes early.  If you plan to start mat leave on due date and use A/L before you might lose your leave if the baby comes early...  But then baby could come up to 2 weeks late and it might be tedious sitting around and waiting.

• Hi All!

Didn't do prams yesterday but had a look today. I think we might be going with Bugaboo Chameleon 3. I tried the Bugaboo Buffalo which I love for many reasons, but it just didn't feel as light as the Chameleon and I couldn't move it around as easily. The Chameleon really annoys me though that the basket is practically useless when the carrycot is on it, but I'll just have to suck it up! We also tried the Uppababy Vista but didn't feel it was as smooth for us.

Candy - I think thats about right. I'll be having my last day at work when I'm 36+3, I'll take 2 weeks off (can't take any longer) as annual leave, and then start maternity leave. I personally think its nice to have a bit of time to relax before the baby comes, and I also think around that time I'll be knackered and needing to finish anyway! I was going to roll some leave over into next year but given how stressful I'm finding work I think I'm going to use it all before I go (I intend to *try* to cut my hours next year anyway). Doing that would mean I could pretty much go down to 4 days instead of 5 from beginning of March until I leave (as there is bank holidays in there too!).

Fig - Sorry you're not feeling overly enthusiastic about the house. Maybe you're just fed up of thinking about it all etc? I get a bit like that with stuff sometimes.