Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What are you looking forward to after pregnancy?

2»

Replies

• For me it has to be bloody or medium rare meat, runny eggs, JD, not feeling sicky, constant worrying and the need to lose weight :)

• It may sound a bit soppy but i really enjoyed my first squished up, limbs intertwined cuddle with H! After having the bump and since E arrived when ever we have both been in bed at the same time we have been asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow, it had been a while and it was really nice!

i have some camembert in the fridge a friend gave me that i can't wait to dunk some warm crusty bread in and after reading this thread, I've put a request in for poached eggs for breakfast!

also a pub visit!!
  • Mrs Bass thats sweet, my H said to me the other night that he can't cuddle me properly anymore.

I am looking forward to sleeping on my back and wearing my normal clothes.

• Being drunk!  I miss doing my drunken Tina Turner impressions :(

Eating what I want.  Although I have had two medium steaks this week (if I ask for steak without toxoplasmosis then I'm covered, right?)

This list will obviously become longer the larger I get!

• VT that steak request made me chuckle!!

I'm another who hasn't really given up runny eggs and we have them every weekend. Ooops!

I can't wait to sleep without being sore, champagne (I have several bottles from our 1st anniversary waiting to be drank), soft goats cheese and DTD comfortably!!

• Medicating myself to high heaven.  Allergies and colds have been unbearable without being able to use the stuff I normally do.  I did take some decongestants for the long plane rides at Christmas, and I've taken diphenhydramine (north american benadryl, different than the benadryl here) for allergies, but it makes you drowsy!

• *sweetpea*

I'm another who hasn't really given up runny eggs and we have them every weekend. Ooops!

Funny, I will have the odd glass of alcohol but haven't touched a runny egg; probably got my priorities around the wrong way! I sense my resistance to eggs is fading fast reading this thread!

*sweetpea*

champagne

There are 2 bottles I can see here, in the dining room, gifts from our wedding. One is definitely getting cracked open if I get my wished-for homebirth, day or night ;)
  • Eggs are another thing I can't stand the smell/look of. However you have made me think of two more things alcohol and sex. We had to abstain for the 1sttrimester because of all our MC's, then I was just too ill, then when I finally thought we'd be alright I've had infection after infection. Poor OH and me

• That is rubbish BLL :(

Counter the main risk of eggs is salmonella so I buy branded eggs, make sure the white is cooked through and the yolk partially but its still soft and a mini bit runny. Lush! The champers is going to taste soooooo good!