Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What happened??

I know I've been guilty of abandoning this place since having M but where is everyone else? BT and OT were always massively busy with people ttc through to people with toddlers and I couldn't keep up with the number of threads and posts but it seems everyone has gone. Is it a case of life getting in the way or is there somewhere new??

It seems such a shame. This place and hitched BT offered so much support and a great community and I found it really invaluable especially with such a difficult ttc journey.

Just so sad to come back on and the place seems to have been almost totally abandoned

Replies

• Options

Oh it's soooo quiet I know :( I keep posting as much as I can but there's only so much you can do.

How are you anyway? If we start chatting more people might join in!

• Options

Hello all! Im guilty of lurking occasionally!  And i keep meaning to post more!

I should make more effort!

• Options

I'm trying to make a concerted effort to post more here.  I will admit that i probably spend more time on the facebook group because it's more accessible to me on my phone than here.

Hello to everyone! :-)

• Options

Popcorn, I'm rubbish at chatting lol my boisterous toddler likes to 'help' if I have the computer out!! I'm back now though :)

• Options

Hello!!! How are you and M? So nice to see you lovey xx

• Options

Ha Ha jem..my little man is a nightmare for the ipad!!

• Options

That's why I find it hard to get on here too, S just wants my phone or iPad if he sees it and then has a massive tantrum if we don't give it to him. My dad calls these strops iPaddies :)

• Options

Ha ha H is exactly the same...is it bad that he can say i pad!!

• Options

It's nice to be back but wish I had more time to try and get this board moving more!!

missdeedee how are you??

HJL M just says mine!

• Options

Life has been getting in the way, especially with running around after three small people.

Hope you're all ok x

• Options

I lurk occasionally but being as I've no questions etc of my own, am running round after 2 monsters and this place is hardly moving there is rarely point in me logging in. Miss this place (well Hitched BT, you know what I mean!!) X

• Options

I pop on and off but never much happening.

• Options

I keep logging on but nothing is occurring!

Maybe we should all commint to at least one new post this week? Get things moving? What do the people that own it think? Are there plans to just shut it down?

• Options

Little Pixie I like that suggestion :) it would be good to know if there are any plans for the place as well

• Options

I emailed the powers that be and this is the reply..........

Thanks for your e-mail.

I agree that it's really disappointing to see The Mumdrum forums so quiet.  As you know we've tried hard to attract new members and more traffic to the forums, including a dedicated link from the Hitched discussion forums, an introductory e-mail to all new brides, paid Facebook advertising and our series of live webchats with parenting experts last summer.  However, as you know, there are lots of very well-established parenting forums, not to mention Facebook, which has made it a real challenge.

In regards to the rest of the site our online Child Memory Books have been a great success and continue to attract both national coverage (including a full page feature in the January 2015 edition of Mother & Baby magazine) and new members.  The average age of child for parents signing up for our Memory Books is between 6 months and 2 years, which unfortunately means they have already missed the support and advice of the TTC forum and to a lesser extent the Baby Talk forum.  As a result we have seen very limited, if any, overlap between our Memory Book users and our Forum users.  This is not something that we had anticipated at the outset.

We do have plans for the future, which I hope to discuss with the Panels in the next few weeks.

I'm sorry I can't wave a magic wand, but hope that helps to explain the situation.  

• Options

Hello! :)

I am soooo guilt of ditching this place. I'm sorry, I will try to come on and see how everyone is going.

MDD, it's so good to see you around!

• Options

Hello! I'm also going to try and make more of an effort, I'm not on FB so this is my only way of keeping up to date with how everyone is!

Imp - it's so nice to see you too! How's that little man of yours!?xx

• Options

I'm still popping on and off. I don't remember having an online panel meeting since I was in early pregnancy (unless one happened I've forgotten about!) so it's been a long time since one happened. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on getting people back here or ways to get new traffic? I can put any ideas forward at the next meeting (if there ever is one!!)

• Options

I think what has happened is what we said would happen in the first place.  They really can't use established parenting forums as an excuse when you look at how busy hitched bt and ot used to be.

This is the first time in a week I've been able to get on here because I keep getting an error message and I keep getting kicked out, that's not a big help or a great start. There were technical issues on hitched though and the traffic was still there.

The problem is getting rid of that natural progression. I used WP and would often lurk around BT so it felt familiar and I felt like I 'knew' people. There's no way I would have logged in to another site to lurk though, I did it because it was there.

Now there's very very few names I recognise here and there's no chatty type element because there's nobody to talk to.

Oh and as an aside, I never see any advertising for here on fb so maybe they need to widen the audience?

MDD, it's a shame you're not on fb, I've missed you and so glad you're still here!

• Options

Oh thanks Jem - I miss you too and all the MD ladies, I'm so sad that nobody posts anymore :(