Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What happens next?!

2»

Replies

• Congratulations x

• Congratulations x

• Congratulations. As most have said it's only really form filling in until the 12 week scan (I was surprised they didn't actually do a pregnancy test!). My gp wouldn't book me in for an appointment at 6 weeks & I was told to go back at 8 weeks & all they then did was pass my details onto the midwife who came to my house the following week to do paperwork & do a blood test to see if I had positive or negative blood type. If I were you I'd contact them & double check the dates as 12 weeks seems quite late for a booking in, especially if you then have to wait for a scan date to be booked after that appointment.

• You should have bloods at 10 week with your MW.

• Congratulations!

I know some areas like to book you in when you have the scan but if your dates are out it maybe a bit late then so I'd call again to double check.

Both times I've seen a mw at 6-7 weeks for form filling which has then triggered a scan being booked for 12 weeks.

• thanks to everyone who has posted. i have got my mw referral pack and it says booking appointment at 8 - 10 weeks :)