Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When you just NEEEEEED to buy something?

Anyone else do this?

I had things going around my head all night and ended up writing a shopping list.

I hit boots and their baby event today and got some newborn nappies, cotton wool balls, nipple shields, maternity pads, a pack of three white baby newborn baby grows and some Arnica tablets.

I wanted Jelonet(sp?) but didn't know if that is what it's actually called so didn't want to sound like a plumb by asking... Laugh

Replies

• Options

Ooh, what's Jelonet?

I bought a few packs of those extra sensitive johnsons wipes suitable for newborns (I cant touch cotton wool and these were only 89p a pack!!!) in the boots event but it was a small store so not many nappies, I really feel an urge to buy nappies!!!

• Options

I currently just neeeed to buy something baby related!

• Options

oh yes, I know that feeling.  I have an Amazon Baby wishlist set up so I can normally contain myself by doing a bit of "on line shopping" by putting it in to my wishlist.  Saying that the other week I bought some bottles and then on Monday I ordered some Cheeky Wipes.  Oh, and I might have just an ebay bid on a Tripp Trapp newborn seat.

• Options

My "need" ATM, is for more tattoos and piercings.

Would be a hell of a lot cheaper to buy for another baby. Alas, no more small people here.

• Options

My need last week was for nappies and wipes then at the weekend it was for sleepsuits. Yesterday it appeared to be toys! I'm obsessed by buying the baby something constantly!

• Options

Oh, and I bought some new cloth nappies the week before.  I think basically each week I buy something.  Although once we find out the gender in 4 weeks time then I think my self restraint (buying once a week is very restrained for me) might completely disappear.  

• Options

Getting organised Rusty!

Tbh, I wouldn't worry about Jelonet right now - you might not need it and it's quite pricey. Someone can always run to a chemist and pick some up for you if/when you do need it.

I would get some Lansinoh/Kamillosan and Infacol though! Oh, and lots of pretty muslins of course.

• Options

I'd never heard of it but it's worth a go! I didn't last very long BFing my last two yet I feel determined to not give up so quickly this time so I'm planning on stocking up on breastfeeding creams/nipple shields etc this time and was even looking at breast pumps last night!

My non baby need to buy item at the moment is a decent handheld hover!

• Options

jelly baby

oh yes, I know that feeling.  I have an Amazon Baby wishlist set up so I can normally contain myself by doing a bit of "on line shopping" by putting it in to my wishlist.  Saying that the other week I bought some bottles and then on Monday I ordered some Cheeky Wipes.  Oh, and I might have just an ebay bid on a Tripp Trapp newborn seat.

i've done exactly this.  i *may* email it to my husband....

my 'need' at the moment is for a 4d scan and a new leather changing bag (i am currently lusting after either a new lin and leo, or a pitterpac whitehall - i know the price of the latter is RIDIC but its soooooooooooo gorgeous, and plenty big enough for two).  i definitely don't NEED the former, but i would like a 4d scan as we couldn't afford to with C, and although we can afford it better now, it's still pricey.

i have been buying loads of clothes for The Boy (mostly rolling stone merchandise, though!) but i need to start thinking about all the other more practical stuff like maternity pads, digging out my TENS machine, new mattress for the moses basket etc etc...

<places head back firmly into sand>

• Options

BW - Please stop putting up links to such gorgeous things as it's not good for my bank balance when I should be saving. I NEED that bag!

I also need to start drawing up a list of things I need (rather than want!) to buy as I haven't started yet and I know that once I start I wont be able to stop...

• Options

I'm only 2 weeks pregnant and already own a few bottles and baby grows! Way too excited and want to start buying everything now but scared if I do I'll miscarry :-(