Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where has the time gone .. an update on us

Hi everyone - sorry I have been a rubbish MD'er, my little girl is now 8 weeks old and I cannot belive where the time has gone.  I have lurked a bit on my phone, but haven't got around to posting, as it is really tricky when I am not on my laptop.

We have been getting on ok - I love being a mum and E is just so cute!! (but then I am a very biased mummy!!).

She has been diagnosed with reflux after a period of throwing up violently after feeds, but with the help of gaviscon we seem to have got things under control now, and she has only (touch wood) thrown up once a day or so in the last week.  Breastfeeding is going well, although the introduction of gaviscon means that I now give her some expressed milk/formula in a bottle when I am out and about and top up with boob (the whole mixing up and adminstering it by syringe is a complete nightmare when I am not at home).  She is gaining weight ok, a bit slowly, but generally ok and is just below the 9th centile!

She is a creature of habit and has naturally fallen into a 3hrly feeding pattern during the day and generally goes 5/6 hours at night.  Now that the reflux is under control she is much easier to settle to sleep and is napping well too - fingers crossed this continues!!  She even teased us last night by going through until 6.30am after her 10pm feed - I am fairly sure that this won't happen again anytime soon, but the sleep was lovely.

Her operation on her lip is happening in less than a months time - starting to get a bit anxious about handing over my little one to the surgeons.  it is going to be really weird afterwards as she will look so different.

Hope everyone is ok

Here is a pic of by little cutie (sorry it is so big - I have no idea how to make it smaller!!)

Al x

Replies