Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Overwhelmed by pram choices

Anyone feel overwhelmed with the choices?!?! There are so many options!

Replies

• The best thing to do is to go to a shop and try them all. It soon becomes clear which ones work for you. Once I'd seen the icandy in the flesh I knew that was the one for me.
  • Totally agree, go somewhere big like John Lewis or Mothercare or similar and have a play.

Also, think about what you want. What size car have you got, how big is the boot, do you need to lug it upstairs, do you live in a town or are you rural and need an off road pram. Are you and your H different heights and want height adjustable handles. There's lots to think about!

We have a Bugaboo Bee as it's compact, parent and forward faces, has height adjustable handles for 5ft2 me and 6ft H! It folds in one and it fits in the boot without having to remove the wheels. Also I haven't needed to replace it with a stroller now N is a toddler.

• You need to suss out what features you need  and what you want and what restrictions you have.  Like others have said, go have a play first of all, that way you know what features  are available, then make of lists of essentials and would-be-nices and your budget, do a bit of online research to narrow the choices down, and head back for a really good play with specific prams on your list.  Or you can be a pram snob like me and ignore everything but the bugaboos and there will be far fewer to choose from Wink

• Lol wispa that made me giggle

• Its v overwhelming isn't it, so much choice - too much really! Like others have said, make a list of what you need /want in a pram and go have a look. The sales assistants are normally very good in answering any questions and helping you out in store. Do you have any good friends/family with babies that you trust? Only we ended up buying the same pram as my cousin as we both had the same requirements ( main one that we needed a pram to take off road for dog walks) and she couldn't praise her pram high enough. She had done lots of research into prams and I trust her judgement so made deciding a lot easier for us!  

• Wispa which Bugaboo do you have?

• I was like wispa - played with a friends iCandy, loved it so ordered Peach 3 straight after our 12wk scan. I figured it was similar to wedding dress shopping & it would be easy to confuse ourselves & drive ourselves mad.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top brands ie iCandy, Bugaboo etc. I figured they are popular for a reason! Not that I would jump off a cliff if everyone else did but you know what I mean!

Never tried or looked at anything else although I have seen a few silver cross ones out & about that I think are pretty.

• We had a list of requirements: adustable height handle, suitable from birth, car seat adaptors, bar style handle, parent facing.  Then just basically looked at the iCandy!!

Although we did randomly stop people in the street with iCandys to get their opinion on them too!