Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Helllooooooooo?! Third Tri-ers?!?

Not sure where everyone is but thought it would say hello :) hope everyone is ok and that there haven't been any surprise deliveries!

35+4 here and nothing exciting to report. Had second antenatal class yesterday which covered labour - now feeling slightly scared lol! have hospital labour tour tonight so will be nice to see where it will all (hopefully) happen! Still sleeping badly, getting 2/3 hour stints. My back pain is now more like, discomfort as am able to take it much easier during the day where I'm not at work but still just enough discomfort to make getting comfy and asleep difficult.  Struggling with morning nausea which affects my ability to eat anything till at least 11/12 o'clock, but I tend to eat ok the rest of hotbed at so makes up for it I guess!

Replies

• Options

Morning JJ!  Don't be scared about labour, you'll have a lovely, squishy newborn at the end of it! Sorry to hear you're still sleeping badly and that you're having morning nausea. I've been finding it difficult to get comfy too, it's rubbish. Enjoy your tour tonight, I found it more reassuring knowing where it'll be happening.

Nothing much to report from me. Girly is still getting her bum stuck under my ribs and I haven't had anymore strong BHs like I did last Thursday night/early hours of Friday. Baby stuff all ready though I have ordered a couple of big boxes of size 2 nappies from Amazon as they were stupidly cheap and some new muslins. Just doing some little odd jobs around the house - nesting I presume - and will assemble L's dolls house later as H will make a pig's ear of it Laugh.

Hope everyone else is ok.

DS x

38+2

• Options

I'm here! Glad your back pain is more manageable but it's rubbish that you're feeling sick : (

We're okay. Went into hospital yesterday with reduced movements but baby seems okay but it's quiet again today!  

• Options

Morning!

JJ - enjoy the tour, they don't do one at our hospital, just a virtual tour. Rubbish! Glad the back pain is easing now.

DS - The home stretch!  It must be a combination of exciting and scary!

Furmummy - Hopefully there wont be too many more trips to the hospital and baby keeps cooking as long as they need to.

AFM - I'm starting to slow down! I have to leave for the station earlier in the mornings so I can walk a bit slower. If I go too fast I get pains in my hips and back. Not fun. Otherwise all seems ok, I keep getting weird sharp pains through my nipples so I am assuming the boobs are gonna grow again...sob!

We have our first antenatal classes starting next week, Hypnobirthing. I'm nervous, not sure what to expect! Getting my hair cut this weekend and doing some more DIY at home. Rock n Roll!

Rod

28+1

• Options

JJ - hope the tour helps. Don't worry about labour though.. H laughs that apparently on the way to hospital I said "you're never touching me again" and once M was in my arms that turned into "yeah, let's have another one". It's amazing what your brain forgets.

DS - well, you can't turn down a good offer can you? Dolls house sounds exciting, good luck!

Furmummy - you've got a troublesome one there, clearly just testing that mummy loves them very much already. Hopefully they start to behave soon.

Rod - I keep reminding H it's extra practice for walking with a toddler. Good luck with the antenatal classes next week.

AFM - I managed to sleep through until 2.30am before my first wee. I was super excited by this.. Haha! I've also had the return of the nausea, though sometimes it seems to be a reminder that I need to eat or drink something. I can't face proper sized meals anymore - so I'm eating little and often again.

• Options

I'm here. On maternity leavenow and it is amazing how much I can fill my day almost as much as doing a hectic job!

JJ-i think it's natural to be anxious about birth when you're not sure what to expect. I empathise with the lack of sleep!

DS-getting close now! Happy sale shopping, got to love a bit of Amazon!

FM- hope baby gets kicking again soon. Did they say all was ok at hospital?

Rod-I am definitely suddenly much slower. Hypnobirthing sounds interesting.

S-I hope the nausea disappears. Wahoo to 2.30 lie in!! I too am on 2 hourly wee stops.

AFM-all going well. Now on tablets for diabetes and being monitored by consultant. Getting lots of BH but they only tend to last an hour. Got most things now and getting a lot of the rest tomo. Still need to tidy and 'nest', and sort Christmas.

36+5

• Options

I'm tentatively dipping my toe in the third tri water today. I can't get my head round the fact that I'm here already! Eek!

27 weeks today!