Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Thrush

So it seems I have nipple (plus or minus ductal) thrush and have been given cream for me and nystatin for M. Today im feeling generally better although still sore but this evening I've noticed he has what is clearly thrush on his penis and testicles :( he doesn't seem in any discomfort  but it looks terrible. The local pharmacist wasnt helpful and basically wouldn't give me anything for him as he's too little so needs to be seen by a gp. Obviously it's not an emergency right now so will call out of hours doc in the morning and see if they'll give him something. Till then pharmacist said just to use sudacream on it.

Ive washed everything at 60 degrees today including all his reuseable wipes, and have been strict about hand washing 

Is there anything else I need to do? I feel so bad for him!

Replies

• No idea love, but have a hug, must be tough going. The one thing I would say is make sure your nursing bras are 100% cotton! I've heard poorly made bras are the main culprit.

• Just bouncing this thread to see if anyone has any pearls of wisoom?

We eventually got some treatmt for thrush (nystatin for him and daktacourt for me) which we used for approx 4 weeks. After M had his tongue tie sniped we carried on with the thrush treatment and symptoms died down and eventually we stopped treatment. Jump to 10 days ago and i start getting identical symptoms......had his tongue rechecked in case the tie had resealed itself which it hadn't, so went straight to GP. She agreed it was thrush (M had some in his mouth) and  She prescribed a repeat course of Daktacourt and nystatin, and this time gave me a 10 day course of fluconazole (the lowest recommended dose) in addition. I finished the fluconazole yesterday and whilst the symptoms have improved they have not resolved - my nipples are still very pink (the areolas have died down to natural colour) and I still get  some pain after feeding.

I have a docs appt  on weds - I suspect I need more fluconazole. The whole thing is so frustrating!!