Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When did you tell people you were pregnant?

I was just curious to know when you started to tell people you were pregnant? I'm currently 4+5 and have only told my DH and mum. I'm not telling anyone else until I'm 10 weeks..even my kids!!image

Replies

• It's entirely your choice; I'm telling people already, (I'm 6+1) I want to share my happy news because twice I've to tell people bad news after 2 mc's. I won't tell my son though until I'm sure things are going ok cause he's too young to understand!

• I told my partner and family right away,friends and everyone else wasn't til after the 12 week scan x

• im around 4 weeks and a day or two and my boyfriend and close family were told the day I got my positiveimage work and friends will be told in stages later on, all being well! I'll be a first time mommy and I'm a bit too chatty and excited for my own good lol xx

• I told everyone that was close to me. So all immediate family and best friends and the three girls I work with. I figured if anything awful did happen I'd need/want their support anyway. 

• when i found out i was pregz i didnt want anyone knowing because this pregnancy was NOT planned and i wasint sure of what i wanted to do.  I kept it from my kids and my DH.  In the end i told everyone........

• With my first we told my parents straight away, my bro and SIL at about 6 weeks and then everyone else at 10 weeks when we saw them over Xmas. Then we 'announced' on fb at 12 weeks. 

This time around we told my parents straight away, and again my bro and SIL at about 7 weeks but didn't tell anyone else until I was 16 weeks. I'd had a miscarriage between the two so we didn't want to risk it. We didn't even tell the in laws until 16 weeks. And we still haven't announced on fb. 

Its entirely personal choice, my only thought the second time around was that it was easier to not tell anyone than to 'untell' them if anything went wrong x

• I didn't want many people to know until I had the 12 week scan - I was quite nervous about something going wrong so I didn't want to tell many people. Told my husband as soon as I got the positive and told my mum and MIL a few days after that. Told friends and the rest of the family at 12 weeks but only put it on Facebook when we found out she was a girl at the 20 week scan. Everything worked out well in the end but I think I will do the same again next time.

• wow there's such a variety on here! and MrsHunt110611, I am so sorry about your loss.

I'm still a bit weary this time too, not only has it been 5 years since my last, but from what I remember from my first pregnancy, this pregnancy is different...

• Told parents and siblings straight away and then my best friends and NCT friends around 10-12 weeks.Same as MissisB said, they were people who I would rely on for support if something were to go wrong.

• This is my first, I told my OH on the day we got a positive and both our Parents a week later. I also had to tell work due to the type of job i do. A couple of close friends know but that's it, again I chose this for support if anything (touch wood) was to go wrong.

I have my 12 week scan next week so will be telling everyone else once we get the all clear. We have bough a pair of baby boots that match our Ralph Lauren canvas pumps so will be using those to do a picture for FB

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• My pregnancy was very much planned I am 14 weeks today and not telling anyone untill 2 weeks time when I know the sex, when I say not telling anyone my intimidate family know but we are not making an official announcement yet.

I am very lucky I am not showing at all so it is much easier for me to hide.

just when the time is right for you x