Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else experience hip swelling?!

Hello momma's,

I am apparently 12 weeks instead of 10 weeks like I had thought. Anyway, I woke up this morning with a swollen hip, only my left hip and it feels sore and very uncomfortable whether I'm lying down or up moving around. I can actually still feel my right hip but my left one is significantly swollen and I don't know of I should be worried? I tried calling my midwife but so far all I've gotten is an answering machine so I thought you ladies might have some advice or similar stories...

Replies

• I'm 16 weeks and 5 days,I randomly woke up with swollen and painful hips that lasted the whole day on and off,doctors told me it was just part of growing pains cuz ligaments can stretch and relax,change alot during pregnancy,lucky women aye lol x

• Well I'm thankful I finally got a reply on this because I know I'm not crazy and I know my hips were in fact swollen yesterday! They don't feel as bad today, just the normal cramping and adjusting.