Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy

Pregancy sickness is causing my family to fall apart. 😰

I'm only 6weeks pregnant but I've been so sick for a week, unable to do much for my family. I've 4 children age 1, 2, 6 and a 15yr old that hides in her room. My husband is wonderful, he tries his best to take care of the kids on top of his work. But after just a week our life's have become so hard, nothings clean, tidy or organised, kitchens a bomb and I'm not at all ready for my daughters first day back to school 😭😰  my two baby sons are now playing up. I'm feeling like such a bad mum and wife. My dr gave me sickness pills but after research the risks of taking them are too high. Can anyone offer advice to stop this sickness ? Maybe alternative medicine? 

Replies

• Aww, I feel for you my first couple of months were rough. . try motion sickness bands, they were recommended to me but I didn't get around to getting them but are said to be good.

I'd also call a family meeting and delegate, your 15 yr old is old enough to wipe a table and wash up!  ( at 15 I was regularly babysitting a neighbours 4 kids!) So think she can be encouraged to help more and encourage the little ones too, they aren't too young to pick up! 

I have 5 kiddos and make everything a game, from picking up washing to a race to see who can get PJs on first lol.

I'm sure if they all know just how much you are stressing they will pull together - even if its until you are back up on your feet x

Also be kind to your self, its not the end of the world if something isn't done right away or if its differently. I'd talk to them all and find a way thru it x

Best wishes xx

• Hi 4kidsandcounting, so sorry to hear you're struggling so badly, but we wanted to point you in the direction of this thread about extreme sickness, it might be help...Wishing you well.