Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2 faint lines on first response tests and 1 negative clear blue digital?

Replies

• I am in the same boat.  Don't know what to say. Hopefully someone will give their opinion 

• imageHi there.. Please help.. Been really trying to have a 2nd baby.. I had 2 faint posotives and clear blue says not pregnant and i've been having brown spotssince yesterday.. Please has anyone ever experienced this and Which one is which im really worried and i pray so much that i am really pregnant.. Thanks 

• imageI am 1.5weeks late and usually I have symptoms that lets me know to look out for aunt flow but this time my symptoms are different. My breasts are larger and tender at the base of my breasts (usually it's the whole breasts that are tender and sore) and I've been having to urinate excessively (no s/sxsw of UTI). I took my first test with first urine (6:40am) yesterday. At first I waited 3minutes and thought "oh, another negative" when I did a doubletake and saw a faint line (top pic). I was immediately overwhelmed and started looking online for answers. That afternoon I spoke with my doctor at work (not OBGYN) and several co workers that have children and they reassure me that a line is a line. I went home and took 3 other tests same day (7pm, 8pm, and 10pm) and all showed faint lines! my husband even pee on one to test it out and no faint lines. Even more to say, "we are pregnant".

Then, after all our work up hopes, a friend mentioned that I should do a digital test so we went out and brought one. I took the test at 2am... And it says "not pregnant". Then another one at 5am and it says "not pregnant". I feel so discouraged at this point. Am I or am I not pregnant? Am I one of the few that had an early miscarriage? What do you guys think?

• Luckee, that top test does look like a faint positive. First response do often get what is called an 'indent line' which is a shadowy line where the test strip is, however they aren't usually as dark as that.

The digital tests are not as sensitive as first response. So you will get negatives on those until you get a stronger line on the first response.

give at least another 24 hours and try another first response to see if the line gets darker and pinker first before you try another digital.

good luck!

• Thank you for your quick response! I did thought that too but I now have a total of 4 same-day tests with faint lines, first urine has the darkest. It's difficult to not get too excited but I've told myself to wait until monday to try. Will update everyone by then.

• If you are pregnant, the hcg doubles every 48 hours so if you are the line will be darker if you test in a couple of days :) good luck!

• Alright ladies, just to update you. After a total of 4 tests with faint lines on day 1, 2 negative digital on day 1, 2 faint lines on Friday (day 3), and 1 faint line on Sunday (day 5)... Each time slightly darker........ Unfortunately.... I have some spotting Sunday night to let me know Aunt Flo is coming. So, back to the drawing board. I'm not sure why it's reading my hcg level... I even had my husband and my sister take the same test and there's no faint line, so this is a mystery to me. 

• imageimage

Mom having the same problem I was due my period yesterday did these today and very faint lines it's so frustrating 😱

• Im a bit confused between the evap lines or faint positive.. i've taken multiple tests but i cant see a faint line until roughly 5-7 minutes waiting.. however the middle test i did shown a faint line straight away. The most recent test is on the right (middle 24 hours before) (Left 48 hours ago) I dont think the picture shows it as well but the lines are definatley pink not greyimage

• and luckee22 ive heard that spotting during early pregnancy can still mean that your pregnant? are you getting any symptoms? maybe im wrong 

• Paige hun the on the right is a positive hun way too dark for evap, congratulations love your preggers

• Lucker have you taken another test? Some people do get breakthrough bleeding around the time their period is due

• Laura can you try a pink dye test like first response? Blue dyes are very unreliable for early testing as they tend to give off faint lines even when not pregnant. Pink dye tests will give a more accurate result

• I did. I took another 2 frer test on Sunday (day 5) morning prior to my spotting that evening. Picture below. These two lines are darker than the initial morning urine. I spoke with several moms and my doctor hat I worked with and they told me the same thing about spotting with early pregnancy. I have an appointment to get blood drawn on Wednesday to test hcg count. Will do another stick test tomorrow morning. Will update you guys again when I know for sure. The only thing I am concern of is that I spotted Sunday evening and again Monday pm but heavier spotting. The spotting is very diluted and runny (sorry for the tmi).  image

• Page, my symptoms are pretty weird. I have tenderness at the base line of my breast, excessive urination, nausea (but has not vomitted), and constant hunger (but that could just be me being a fatty lol). 

• Luckee, i do think those are positive still, they are pretty clear. Are they pink? Hard to tell in pic. Glad you are getting bloods, that will tell you for sure, all this uncertainty must be driving you mad

• Luckee22 - those tests definitely look positive. Spotting could be normal but could be the start of something not so nice, it's always hard to tell and having a blood test done will be a better indicator (Dr may request 2 tests a couple of days apart to ensure HCG levels are climbing as they should). 

I've had two miscarriages, both starting with spotting but then I have a 16mth old little boy and with him I had spotting at 6wks and 16wks so you can never be sure.

These were my tests from my most recent pregnancy which sadly ended in a miscarriage.

DPO - days past ovulation (estimated)

• All my faint lines were pink. The ones on Sunday was the most clear faint lines. And yes... All these uncertainty is driving me mad. I've become emotional lately and  feel bad for my husband to be at the receiving end. I made an appointment with my PCP to order blood work since it's faster to get in with my PCP than my obgyn. Not to mention i know him pretty well so I hope he's not going to make me do a urine test -.-  

Steph, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy to go through that. My doctor and a few other moms told me they've had spotting as well before they have a healthy baby, so fingers crossed. 

• Thanks misskiwi I'm thinking that I'm not as I'm now 2 Days late on my period so would expect to be getting a stronger line by now. The not knowing is driving me mad did another one this morning and it looks pretty much the same and that was with first morning wee. Awww good luck to everyone in the same position hope you all get your positives 😘

• Ladies, just an update. I took another test on Tuesday and had a faint line that was barely noticeable-- not like my other frer tests. That night I had another spotting with discharges that looks like something shedding inside. Wednesday morning I had an ultrasound with my doctor at work and we saw a blob but no pulse. I went to my PCP that late afternoon and had a blood test done. I got my results today and it was negative with an hcg count lower than 5. My pregnancy never made it to full term.   My husband and I will be trying again. Please keep us in your prayers. I will pray for all you moms for a healthy baby!