Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

20 week scan has 'female' printed on it...

Hello, I had my 20 week scan last week and we decided we didn't want to know the sex of the baby. We got 3 pictures and after having a look yesterday I saw 'FEMALE' was printed up the top near the other hospital details that are there. I am wondering if this means the baby is a female as I wouldn't of thought they would put FEMALE for me as obviously it's a female having a baby!!

Any ideas?

Replies

• Yes its your gender not baby's. The ultra sound machines/computers used for scanning aren't just used in antenatal care...and so you can input the settings as required including gender.

• Hey I just had a quick look at my old scan pics. One of them does have F (I'm guessing for female) with the rest of the details at the top. So my guess is its part of your details as its with the rest of your information. 

Maybe show your midwife next time you see her so she can clarify but if you said you didnt want to know to them then they wouldn't have written it on your scan (I hope!) x

• Thank you! I did think it would be naughty for them to put it on there when we said we didn't want to know!