Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PCOS: pregnant after hemhorrage

im completely baffled about this and would like some input.  I'm 30 years old and I have pcos had a histery of severe obstructive sleep apnea.  In June I had a tonsillectomy which cured my sleep apnea and July 1st I had a post tonsillectomy bleed and lost 20% of my total blood volume.  Following my bleed I started noticing that my body was going through some really weird changes.  Keep in mind I hadn't had a period in 3 years and my other half and I had been trying to conceive for 9 years with no luck.  I saw doctors the first month after my bleeding and they did many pregnancy tests in July and August and no pregnancy was defected.  so to figure out what was going on with my body I saw a gyno for ultrasound and there it was!  A baby! I am now 18 wks due in April.   The date of conception was approximately the day that I was in the hospital having surgery to stop the bleeding after my tonsillectomy.  How did this happen? has anyone else had something similar happen?  Doctors haven't told me much and I have asked so many questions.  Thankful for my baby Miracle I'm just baffled.