Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mark Zuckerberg's taking 2 months paternity leave. Is your partner planning to take any?

Hello

We've just seen that Mark Zuckerberg has posted on his Facebook page that he's planning to take 2 months' paternity leave when his baby is born.

'This is a very personal decision,' he says, '[but] studies show that, when working parents take time to be with their newborns, outcomes are better for the children and families.'

We're imagining most fathers don't get to take 2 months' paternity leave these days but we don't really know, so we thought we'd ask you!

Is your partner planning to take some paternity leave? If so, how much is he going to take/get? Is that enough? Or do you wish it was longer? (Or shorter!)

Do please let us know by adding a post to this thread. We'd love to hear what you're planning!

Replies

• My Partner has 4 weeks off plus an additional 2 so in total 6 weeks off for paternity leave. 

• I feel very lucky that I will have him around for that time as it is our first. 

• My husband taking 2 week then he'll go back for a little while before he leaves for 2 weeks Christmas break (as he's taken redundancy) and will be starting new job Jan 4th. Lucky I'll have him around so much this time.

• My hubby will probably have the two weeks. He was put off with the second week being just spp. He is off on holidays anyway the two weeks after I'm due as its school holidays. He can't have more than 2 weeks.

• Mine has a weeks shutdown over Christmas anyway, so dependent on actual arrival date...he has 2 weeks SPP and then a further weeks holiday, so could have 4 weeks, but I am thinking maybe 2 weeks off and then 2 weeks of half days and save a week for a couple of weeks after, depends on arrival date and method!

• Oh, to add, if i hadnt been in the middle of being made redundant, I was going to have 6 months, and then OH was going to have 3 months of parental leave - he is unhappy, I am happier as planning/budgeting now for a year off :-)