Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Faint line after spotting

hi,

hope someone can give me some advice. I found out I was four weeks pregnant on Wednesday. Today I've been having spotting on and off. I thought it would be a good idea to do another pregnancy test and the line has come up very faint. Does this mean I'm having a miscarriage? really panicking! X

Replies

• Has the previous pregnancy tests been strong and not faint? X

• The first one was slightly stronger. Not a huge amount in it x

• Hello, 

It could be a faint line as it's an early pregnancy as that happened when I was 4 weeks pregnant. I also had spotting but the doctor didn't seem too concerned. She said they would monitor it and to let them know if the blood gets heavier or if I have severe stomach cramps. X 

• Thank you. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm so worried at the same time xxx

• I know how hard it is, it's all you can think about. spotting in the first trimester is very common so try to not worry, it's also important to try and rest. It could be implantation bleeding? Go to your GP to put your mind at ease. Hope you feel better soon xxx