Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Blood when wiping after a bowel movement, normal??

Hello there all!

This is my first pregnancy im currently 7 weeks, i have noticed that after some (not all) bowel movements, there is fresh red blood when wiping. I think its coming from the vagina.

Wondering if any of you ladies have had the same happen and all went well.. My doctor said unless it came with strong cramps not to worry but i cant help it, would love some advice from someone who also has experienced this. Thanks!

Replies

• Hi Kayyla, are you sure you're not suffering with piles? In the meantime, you might want to join one of our Birth Clubs and meet other ladies due the same time as you?
    They might be able to advise you. If you're due in August, please just click here!

• Hi danielle, the blood isnt coming from the back so i had ruled piles out! Seeing my midwife on 6th jan so will update then incase there are any other ladies having the same issue

• imageHey kayyla,

I am 9 weeks & have had this happen to me yesterday, after going to toilet I had a rather large amount of bright red blood, and that was it. No further blood at all. Mild cramps. I would be due for a period around now, (2nd missed). I have read that this can happen. 

I too have a scan on the 7th Jan. my first scan. Ofcourse its natural to worry. 

Did you have any pain? Or further bleeding? 

i think we will be just fine image