Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ANYONE ELSE?

Hey guys:

After months of reading other women's stories I have finally decided to not only write about my present situation but to ask for suggestions.

My last menstrual period was September 11, 2015. Since then, i have taken more than 10 HPT's (even went to a clinic) and other than TWO faint positives the results keep coming back as BFN's. I was also seen in the ER a few weeks ago because i have been having extreme vaginal pressure and constant what feels like "flutters" in my left lower abdominal area. Although BOTH blood and urine tests came back negative, the ultrasound said something different. I noticed the technician kept sweeping over the area where i feel this "flutter" feeling. When she left the room i looked at the screen and i saw what looked like a possible fetus in the same area where these "flutters" are.  But here's the crazy thing...when i was taken back to the ER the doctor i was told by the doctor that "all my tests were fine and nothing was found on the scan as well..." which is a LIE!!

I went through this once before long ago with my oldest son. i was 32 weeks when the doctors finally discovered i was pregnant. I have come to find out over the years that CRYPTIC pregnancies are more common than ppl, especially doctors, like to admit.

Calculating everything, I am most likely going into my 16th week of gestation and i just dont know what to do....

My husband says "HE KNOWS" I am pregnant and states he physically sees the difference but i just dont know what to think anymore...

Please help....

Replies

• Options

pay for a private scan, they might be more interested in helping you and it will put your mind at rest.  

• Options

thank you...

i am becoming so overwhelmed.

• Options

Definitely need a second opinion on this, a private scan is the way to go. You need it sorting now really if it's possible that you're 16 wks!! Good luck let us know how u go x

• Options

I'd look into a private scan too.

I know someone who didn't announce her pregnancy til around the 6 month with all of them (she had 6 including a set of twins) and claimed she didn't know until then.

Well with the last one she even had a negative blood test and a note from the Dr saying she wasn't pregnant at around 5 months lol.

However, if there is no baby there you need to go to your hospital and demand further tests to rule out other conditions like phantom pregnancy or something.

• Options

Thank you all for your suggestions and support.  This situation has my husband and I nearly pulling our hair out with concern and anxiety.

Oh and btw two nights ago, i experienced what felt like "labor contractions". After carrying 4 children full term and delivering them all vaginally that is a feeling i am very aware and familiar with...smh.

i will keep everyone updated.

• Options

Good luck 

• Options

i would love to hear your outcome either way 

• Options

Thank you

• Options

Reading and doing research I am convinced I am having a cryptic pregnancy. I have been pregnant before 5 times all miscarriage. I know I am pregnant. I have every symtom and more! I know my body, all my urine and blood even ultrasounds are negative. I feel like I am going crazy but I even feel movement! Please someone tell me I'm not alone. Has anyone had this happened and really were pregnant??