Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

9 Weeks pregnant and still showing up negative

I went to the doctors to have a pregnancy test and it turns out that i am 9 weeks pregnant. but i have had all the symptoms but now they have worn off a bit, i still get the morning sickness, but all of the 8 at home test i have done have come up negative. i went back to the doctors to take a test and it came up negative again. 

the only reason why i am curious is because the symptoms still haven't gone and i have now missed my second period. 

i have spoken to family members who are pregnant of have just had a baby and they all said that they were in the same situation where one of my family members is 12 months gone and they still cant have a positive test. 

i guess my question is, is this normal to happen? my doctor says it is, but i guess i would have a better peace of mind knowing i am not the only one it has happened to? 

Replies

• I'd suggest if your family member has been getting negative tests for 12 months that's because they aren't pregnant.  Pregnancy is only 8 months from the point you can successfully get a positive result.

If you genuinely think you are pregnant then arrange a private scan and it'll clear up any doubt but it sounds like pregnancy is unlikely.

• is the family member an elephant?

• Hey my names jade got all pregnancy systoms but test still going back negative if was pregnant would be 9 weeks