Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

VERY faint line on first response. Negative clear blue but still a faint line...HELP!

Hey everyone!  I'm new to this site so please bear with me with terminology etc! So, my partner and I have been ttc, my last period was exactly four weeks ago today, but I'm usually way earlier than this. I've been getting loads of symptoms, sore nipples, tiredness, discharge (tmi!!) and so I got a first response test today. It had a pink line on the control side and a VERY faint line on the left. I got confirmation from my partner that it was there and I wasn't crazy! ;) took a clearblue digital tonight and it said 'not pregnant' but I opened it up and there was a faint line on the little test strip (see pics, line was darker in real life!)

I'm tearing hair out over this as I've heard a line is a line and the signs are there plus no period! Help? :'( image

Replies

• Clear blue are not as sensitive to the HCg (pregnancy) hormone when you test early, they normally only pick up after AF is due and when you have a good line on a first response.  Good luck 

• Don't be worried about the digital tests, like Meme said they are less sensitive. Try another first response in a couple days and see if you get a darker line image

• Thank you both! Should've gotten a photo of the FR. Will test over the next couple of days so that my hcg can rise (if I dont get af!) 

• good luck, feel free to post any test pictures back here for us too look at 

• Took two different tests today (just to be safe!) both were bfn :( I must've just been seeing the evaporation line yesterday. Still have tons of symptoms but will keep an eye out for AF! 

• If no af keep hoping 

• I'm kind of shocked very faint line on the regular usually digital test take longer to register but I got a bfp :) 

• Awww huge congrats Julie! You must be thrilled! ❤ 

Well, af is here with an angry vengeance lol! I guess the plus side is I can have a nice little cocktail tonight as I've been hugely avoiding alcohol! ;) here's hoping next month is luckier :D