Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice please - DH not happy

So I have 2 DS 5&7. I have always wanted a third. Recently found out I am pregnant and it was a surprise. I am on the pill and had a full 7 day period. I was on antibiotics for a month so we kind of knew there was a risk. Anyhow DH is a good man and dad but he really doesn't want a third. I'm sure he will come around but thats not my main worry.

stupidly on a drunk night I told a friend who has been trying for ages 'oh I know how you feel, I have wanted another one for so long, every month I secretly wish I was' etc. Nothing new. I have always said I wanted a third however have always been adamant I wouldn't 'trap' DH. She however interpreted that as I was trying. I felt so awkward after that when she talked to me about her TTC I kind of just brushed her off if she asked me questions saying 'oh we aren't actually trying, we'll address it in a few months etc' 

Now I have two anxieties. One that I feel bad on her that she is so desperate and I have had a happy accident. Secondly I am petrified she will tell DH 'congrats I know you have been trying etc' which really isn't true! It's just Sod's law! Im going to tell her that OH is not happy about it etc and hope she doesn't discuss it with him. 

Ahhhh I don't know what I am asking but I almost feel like I have 'tricked' DH when I haven't because I was trying to be empathetic to a friend. 

Massive waffle...........

Replies

• Options

Since you didn't trap DH and he like you knew the risks but did nothing to prevent the pregnancy you shouldnt worry

• Options

I know but I'm a natural born worrier, I made it so known to the world my desire for a third for the past 5 years no one will believe it really was an accident. I guess I need to just suck it up......

• Options

You and DH know the truth