Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just discovered I'm pregnant but was previously having spotting

Hi all,

My OH and I have been trying to conceive for a couple of months now. Last Thursday (day 16 of my cycle) I experienced some brown spotting (older blood) ... On and off since then I have had a little of this, occasionally some pink, a few times a dash of red blood and one small clot. Nothing that ever filled a pad, only when I wiped. Weren't really sure what this meant at all. Today is day 26 of my cycle - as I only came off the pill in December my longest cycle so far has been 25 days. We decided to test anyway and got BFP 2-3 weeks with a CB digital.

We are thrilled, but a little apprehensive because of the spotting. Any advice or similiar experiences would be great. Hoping to see the doctor tomorrow and ask about blood tests to confirm things? 

Thanks xo

Replies

• Options

Hi hun, congrats on your bfp!! Spotting is very normal on early pregnancy. As long as it doesn't come with bad pain or turn into heavy bleeding it's OK.