Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

16 weeks pregnant

Hi their me and my hubby have been trying for a year and omg it's finally happend we are now having a family of our own we didon't think this would happen!

We went for our first baby scan when I was 10 weeks omg it was perfect the baby was healthy and had a good heart beat we are so excited about this. All I'm worried about is the birth  but we are hoping it will all go fine. Xxx 

Replies

• Hi, congratulations on the exciting news of baby number one. I am 16 weeks pregnant with second baby. Our first is nearly five years old. Of course the idea of the birth is scary as there is no way to predict what will happen; but I would strongly recommend using a tens machine early on in labour and going into a water pool if you get chance. I spent the whole time concentrating carefully on my breathing and this helped me to relax. Give your birthing partner the job of making sure that you are drinking plenty as you will probably forget! Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy and enjoy all the changes.