Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sickness 24/7

hi

i was wondering if anyone could offer any advise on morning sickness I have been so poorly for nearly 3 week now and it's completely draining me! I ache constantly from veing sick and have zero energy! I seriously don't know how much longer i can take of this so any advise welcome!

i am currently 9+2 weeks

thank you! 

Replies

• Hello :) first of all congratulations, but terrible to be suffering of sickness,

I had sickness from my 6th week. Had to be admitted to hospital at 9 weeks as unable to even keep sips of water down. . And sickness still continued until around week 23+. ( I am now 33+3 

Have you been to your doctors about it? Is it only morning sickness or do you struggle keeping food down throughout the day also? I found smoothies a help. And ice lollys a lot say ginger helps but I didn't find it did... also try eating as soon as you get up. I had to have suppliment drinks as I couldn't keep foods down ..

Hope it settles soon xxx

• Im 15 weeks and still constantly feeling sick. Luckily I'm managing to keep food down so I'm trying to eat little and often as when im hungry I feel worse and throw up water/bile. Supposed to be going out for lunch and dinner today with friends and the thought of it is making me feel worse. 

hope you feel better soon x

• hi   Emmajw87 im 23 weeks pregnant and i had no morning sicknesss at all i have felt sick at times but never thow up im retty impressed lol apparently u can avoid sickness by eating certain foods like nutrian for the bab and alot of vitamins that also helps im on pregancare pregnancy and it does help

• Thanks everyone I've got cyclzine from the docs but doesn't seem to do a great deal! I've tried eating as soon as I get up but it always comes back up I'm now eating a bit of what I want when I want it And hoping for the best! It's awful I've never felt so poorly in my life :( 

• I would defiantly advise a trip to the doctors I'm now 20+6 and have suffered horrendous sickness been to hospital the lot. I got given anti sickness tablets which did slightly work but had to change them as they stopped working. I have to admit I'm still sick now but I get a few days Inbetween now and it's slowing down I'm able to eat and drink pretty much as normal now. There is a light at the end of the tunnel I feel for u as its horrible x

• Hi Emma, have you tried munching rennies at all? They have helped me loads recently & I wish I'd started on them earlier! Obviously only if your pharmacist says you can have them......

Hope you start to feel better soon, hopefully the symptoms will start to fade the further along you go....mine did until I got to the 3rd trimester

x

• Funnily enough doc gave me gaviscon at same time as tablets but every time I take it it comes straight back up! Ha ha this is my 2nd pregnancy and my first was so easy I didn't find out till really late on so this ones a killer keep hearing so many stories about having to be hospitalised or being sick till late on in pregnancy I just don't know how I'll cope! Just taking one day at a time at min and hopefully will see midwife and start settling down soon xx