Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

not happy with student sonographer

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help/ have been in the same situation. I'm 37 weeks today, I've had problems with my baby's growth for a while now she's on the 5th centile, I've been for numerous growth/ fetal doppler scans, been on the baby heart trace monitor (always ok heartbeat and movements) and seen a few doctors. Been spoken to briefly about an induction due to growth. Then last Tuesday, one of the midwives had spoken to a doctor she then told me a plan had been made for me, to come up on the Friday and then the Tuesday just past for a fetal/ doppler scan and heart trace monitor then to come up again on the 4th of May for a growth scan. When I attended the hospital on Tuesday I had my fetal/ doppler scan and the sonographer said everything was ok, but then a student sonographer had a look, she then was asking me when I last seen a consultant and that I should be induced due to the growth, all this I already knew. I'm really angry because why is this student saying this, when I already had my plan made for me. Thanks in advance for any replies :) 

Replies

• Options

Hi Stephanie789,

Whilst probably very frustrating for you to have to hear I would put it down to the student having to show recognition of things - they have viewed your scan, they have noticed the same concerns as your previous scan, they have given the same advice.....

It is difficult to go through (especially with our added hormones) but they have to be able to demonstrate that they too are picking up things whilst doing the job. Try to be patient, smile & say thanks (even though we've heard it all before). You have done a wonderful thing allowing them to learn (you don't have to agree to them being there). X

• Options

KazzieM  Thank you, it is very frustrating. I thought these last couple of weeks being pregnant were going to be a lot happier for me, but it's not worked out like that. I cried for hours yesterday because of this (maybe some of that is down to my hormones) I know the student has to learn.. It would have been better if the circumstances were different. I had my plan made for me, and i feel if it hadn't been for this student everything would have carried on as planned. And i wouldn't be feeling this way. (I will be saying no to another student) x