Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

7 weeks and spotting

Hello mummas and mummas to be!

I am currently pregnant with my third baby and THOUGHT surely I won't stress third time around. Boy was I wrong!

I have been spotting since Tuesday morning. It's been reasonably light, pinkish to brown (it changes) and comes and goes daily. I got in yesterday to see my ob - he did an ultrasound. Thankfully there is a heartbeat however I am scanning around 5 days smaller than expected.

he wants to see me again in two weeks due to measurelents being out, spotting, and being so very early in the game. Next breath he said he is happy and not to worry everything should be fine.

spotting still has not stopped. Every so often I get mild lower back and abdominal pain however I did experience this with previous pregnancies - I am always on my feet!

im confused. I'm not sure what to do and I don't think I can stay sane for two whole weeks until my next U/S. Please help - any advice/reassurance would be greatly appreciated!

X

Replies

• Hi Lisa, sorry to hear what ur going through. I unfortunately know first hand what this is like. I would say try not to worry but I know it's impossible!

I've experienced both outcomes with this. My first pregnancy I had light spotting at 10 weeks which turned into a miscarriage within a few days. However, I'm now pregnant again and experienced spotting from 6 weeks this time and of course thought the same would happen again. Luckily the docs found a heamatoma that was causing the bleeding and baby was fine, I've had spotting and heavy bleeds on and off since and I'm currently nearly 14 weeks pregnant. So it's not always bad news. I also at one point measured 4 days behind but the next scan I was exact on my dates again. The sonographer said measurements are sometimes out. 

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions. I know how long those 2 weeks between scans can feel. 

• Thank you!

its just all so confusing I saw that strong heart beat yesterday but still so paranoid!

life is crazy isn't it?!

all the best with the rest of your pregnancy :-)

• It's an emotional rollercoaster! I'll keep my fingers crossed for u :)