Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early Scan, couldn't see baby. Supposed to be 8 weeks. HELP?

Hello everyone, I don't post here very often but I always come back to this site as everyone is so helpful and kind.

I am currently what I thought (based on my last period, 29th April) that I am 8 Weeks 2 Days pregnant. I booked in for an early scan yesterday and when I went she couldn't find baby. Just an empty sac. I have still be having symptoms and haven't bled or anything. She is booking me in for a free re-scan next week to see if anything changes. I had a missed miscarriage almost 8 years ago before I had my daughter who is now 6 1/2. 

Maybe my dates are messed up and I'm not as far along maybe? I don't know I'm so scared and confused. Has anyone had a similar experience? I just have to play the waiting game, as I don't know how far I am I still might not be able to see baby in a week...

This is killing me, someone help?

Francesca x

Replies

• Hi Fran,

It is possible that you may simply be earlier than first thought (many peoples dates change at their 12wk dating scan). Wait & see what next week brings...

• That's all I can do now. Just wait. I am now waiting two weeks to allow baby to form more. Just hoping and praying.

francesca x

• IIt might well be that you are earlier as already said. In any case I wish you and bean lots of luck and love! Try not to worry I know it's hard (I'm freaking out at the min in case I loose mine) I'm sure it's fine xxx 

• I'm in the same boat hun, I thought I was 8 weeks and they dated me only 5 and said it was far too early to see anything, so they are re scanning me in about a weeks time too :) Its amazing how much changes in a week xx 

• I really am hoping that's all it is - I'm still having symptoms. Just holding on to hope that baby will grow and I will be able to see something in 2 weeks! If not I fear a miscarriage. This is going to be a long 2 weeks!! :(

Francesca x

• Let me know how your scan goes milly xx

• I will do Hun, mine is tomorrow, I have 3 sacs at present But nothing in them so gotta wait and see but with you it happend with my best friend and she now has a lovely 2 year old girl, when is your scan? Keep us updated xx