Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm sure it's just stupid worrying!!

On Saturday, I ate a bit of Pesto, spinach and pine nut pasta salad from the chiller section in the supermarket. I went to have some more last night and saw that on the packet it said pregnant women shouldn't eat it because of it having raw milk.

I didn't eat anymore and gave it to my oh, but now i'm pancing that something will be wrong, I haven't really had morning sickness apart from dry retching and this morning I have woken up feeling so sick.

He said I'm sure the amount that you will actually have to eat to be at risk will be more than the tiny amount that I ate on Saturday! But i'm just so scared..I'm 6 weeks and it's my 1st pregnancy so just freaking out over everything!

Replies

• Jo, chances are you're absolutely fine - the day before I found out I was pg, I ate some homemade mayo with raw egg and I also had sushi and unpasteurised Camembert that weekend.

I read some good advice somewhere - pregnancy doesn't make you any more likely to pick up bacteria or sickness than before - it just means it could be more dangerous if you were to catch anything (which is unlikely in itself). Given its a supermarket product, it's highly unlikely to have any bacteria in anyway despite being raw milk - they have to warn people legally though.

You probably just feel sick coz of the pregnancy itself and it hasn't kicked in until now - I'm 9 weeks and I'm fine most of the time but have the odd queasy day too. Just try not to worry! Of OH wasn't sick after eating it, then chances are there is nothing wrong with it and it's just a pg symptom.