Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Paternity and due date help please

Hello, I had an early scan dating my pregnancy at 6+1 and another at 12 weeks which dated me at 13+3. 

My confusion is that the first scan should have been 7+4 as that works out perfectly for the 13 week scan and also when my partner and I DTD.

I'm worried as the 6+1 would work out to when an incident happened and a friend came on himself but fingered me.. 

I'm not sure if this is possible to get pregnant it just matches the early scan and I'm very worried.

So far all other scans have been left at the same as the 13 week one.

Replies

• Early scans are notoriously unreliable for dating. 

In one if my pregnancies I had an early scan at what I thought was 9 weeks but they put me back to 7 weeks but when I had my 12 week scan I was dated at 14 weeks!

But the only way to know for sure who your babies father is will to do a DNA test when baby is born. 

• That sounds like mine with the weeks' difference, thank you that makes me feel better. 

I Wonder if anyone has gotten pregnant without having sex though.. surely I should be alright regardless of that first scan?

• Unfortunately on the NHS website it says that pregnancy can happen if semen is on fingers and then inserted into the vagina.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/975.aspx?CategoryID=54

• Thanks.. hoping the second scan is right. 😥

• Sadly it is possible for either though your 12wk dating scan is usually the more reliable scan & the one the professionals will go by.