Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

High Down syndrome risk.

High ladies I am 22 and currently 13 + 2. Had my scan last week and everything was perfect. Had a call last night from the hospital saying that my bloody results had come and and there is a high risk of my baby having down syndrome 1 in 82. I am so devastated and I've just been a mess all day. I've been offered different tests and i went for the harmony test which is a blood test. I should get my results within 7-10 days so I'm just fingers crossed that everything is ok, I went through a loss last year at 4 months and I just can't go through with it again. Has anybody been through this before or no anybody that has? Any advice would be great! X 

Replies

• Hi Amy we are in the same group due in Feb. Sugar had this bad new at her scan so maybe pop this on there she is still trying to find out what is wrong doctors have said that downs and everything else they test for, the baby doesn't have. Sending u a massive hug can't imagine how ur feeling just try to be positive is the only advice I can give you but I know that's going to be extremely hard to do if u need a chat I'm here x

• Did you find out straight away? I thought results took 2 weeks?

• Hi kyriex2 thank you for your response and kind words. I have posted on the due in Feb thank you for letting me know! Did she say that they gave you statistics? so her baby doesn't have downs? & it took 6 days Buffy x

• They do say they ring u if u have results that need further testing otherwise a letter normally comes in the post about 2 weeks mine took. No her baby doesn't have downs but they aren't sure what is causing the results yet she's due more soon I'm sure she'll be able to tell u more though