Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can anyone help with the Nub theory?

hi guys, 

I know the theory of gender prediction based on the nub theory is not a sure fire way to determine the sex of a baby, but any thoughts on what I could be having?

I think I keep looking and seeing the signs of what I want to see so any thoughts appreciated! 

Replies

• Hey 

this is a tricky one... I don't think its very clear ..... What do you think your having ? X 

• Thanks for the reply, I have 2 more dunno if you think they show anything. I would love a girl but I don't have any inkling either way as to what I'm having! The suspense killing me!! imageimage

• I was going to say girl first time and looking at those other images I think girl as not showing any sign of bits looool. I badly want a girl and I'm like you it's driving me potty not knowing. I think mines a boy haha 

what do you think ?? Carly xxxx image

• Oh god its so hard isn't it! It doesn't help that what I think is the nub may not be!!

yours looks a lot like mine so I think girl or boy were having the same!

hope someone else with more experience can help us... Xx

• It's driving me mad!!!! I'm curious as to what it is. U had any cravings? Xx Carly 

• No nothing at all so far. i have put on a bit of weight though. I don't know how much but it's noticeable in my face and I've not been over eating 😔

When are you due? I'm 01/03 and this will be my first xx

• Hey 

I'm due 22nd January so I'm 20 weeks next Sunday and this is my first. I was quite ill for the first 3 months and had really bad cravings ice, lemon etc but now I've leveled out. I'm starting to get a belly now LOL. Do you have any names? I really want "bow" for a girl and I don't have one single boys nqme. 

Do you noT feel sick at all then? 

Im very anxious about birthing :( think it's the pain and the unknown lol 

• Oh yeah I've been quite sick, I've had anti sickness medication since week 6, and I'm just coming up to week 14. I'm usually ok long as I take it. No food cravings thou.

bow is a lovely name. We're thinking Penelope for a girl but like you I just know this is a boy. It's a feeling you get isn't it. until I'm told otherwise I'm going to send girl vibes to my tummy lol

ive booked an early gender scan for nxt Monto too! 😊

• Oh wow you will have to let me know gender when you have your scan - fingers crossed for a girl. 

Im hoping for girl. I have this gut feeling a boy though ha-ha. this is my first so I will be happy either way just that I like the fact of lots of pink. My 20 scan is next monday and im SOOO tempted to find out. 

I hope you start to feel better soon... 

Carly x