Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Fear of miscarriage- first pregnancy

Hi, I'm 19, almost 20 and now 8 weeks pregnant (had a scan at 6 weeks when I thought I was 8, due to being in hospital because of bad morning sickness)

i saw a very strong heart beat at 6 weeks and I've had really bad sickness, which I've been told is a good sign. But with this being my first pregnancy and most people now knowing I'm pregnant I'm absolutely petrified of losing my baby. I just cant seem to get past this worry and it's literally keeping me up at night. when I have days where I don't feel sick or my symptoms aren't as bad, I worry so much. 

anyone else go through this with there first pregnancy, anything I can do to help me stop worrying so much?

thanks in advance. 

Replies

• I'm worried about miscarriage too, I'm only 5 and a half weeks but it's my biggest concern. We just have to remember that the majority of pregnancies do end with healthy babies.

Are you in a Birth Club hun? If youre due in April 2017, maybe you can go join the Due in April 2017 birth club thread and talk to the ladies there who are the same amount of weeks as you. They might be feeling the same. x

• I'll have a look at joining, thank you!

wish you all the best! X

• Hi Leahp12, welcome to MFM and congratulations. Here is the Due in April 17 Birth Club that scribble mentioned if you fancy checking it out. We hope to see you over there soon! 

• I'm around 8 weeks now and the doc told me to get an ultrasound by the end of this week. I'm super nervous, even though I'm vomiting like maybe some 10 times a day, nausea not included in this number. And exactly like you, I've been told it's a good sign. I'm just worried cuz one of my best friends has gone through 2 MC lately so I'm geting worried at even a tiny pinch I feel in my tummy! My hubby says that's just gonna add to the stress but I can't seem to get over the fear... maybe once I see my baby's heartbeat I'll be a bit satisfied!

• Why did the doc say you had to have an early ultrasound? x

• Because i was in hospital due to bad sickness and de-hydration so it's just a standard procedure when you're admitted to the ward x

• Just realised that wasn't to me hahaha sorry new to this x

• I'm just trying to get pregnant and I worry all the time what if I couldn't, what if there will be some problems and so on... Tried to find forums and websites that would be useful and informative and help me to calm down. Check out what I found: http://motherhow.com/6-months-pregnant/ Yeah, I'm on "6 month pregnant" article already) You're probably think that I'm insane, but I just want to be ready for everything)