Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

mild cramping pains

Hi Everyone,

This is my first baby and I am currently 22 weeks. I am sitting at my desk getting mild cramping pains almost period type pains.

Is this just growth of uterus and baby? is this normal ha-ha

Carly 

Replies

• Hey chick

i had similar last week. None this week and still feeling him moving so have just put it down to stretching and growing! Think I'm only a few days ahead of you so similar time.

Hope you're ok, if your worried check in with your midwife 

mill x

• Hi Mili

maybe its because I'm 22 weeks I can feel everything more but the growing pains haven't stopped today. 

awww do you have any boys names? I have a girls but unsure of a boys name... It's so hard.... 

I feel like I'm on my period all over again ... Now that's one thing I do not miss  hahaha 

roll on January xxx 

• Hi All,

I am 20 weeks and have been getting the same for about three days now, I have put it down to very bad trapped wind (sorry for the tmi) and or stretching pains. I think I have been feeling my little guy moving still, but i'm not a 100% sure because they can feel the same as trapped wind and a gurgling belly sometimes :(  I am feeling better now but still worried and get twinges every now and again- worth ringing my midwife do you think just to double check?

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Hi ladies, I had quite bad cramping about 5 weeks ago (when I was 17 weeks) - I eventually concluded it was constipation pain. Is that a possibility with you? It really did feel like period pains. I had something similar over the weekend just gone but it was less period-type pain and a bit sharper in places. It has gone now and the baby is moving even more than before, so I have just put it down to gas again or to ligament pains. You could speak to your midwife if it'll put your mind at ease though.

• Thank you sugarandspice85 I'm really beginning to think it was a mix between very bad trapped wind and stretching pains. Lots of pregnancy pains in one haha xx

• thanks Sugar - yes I am just putting this down to growing pains, but it can be a little painful. its like having a really bad period LOL.... Im moaning now and they are not even contraction pains hahaha THE JOYS. 

Cannot believe I am 22 weeks and the gender is still unknown... this is torture but I want the surprise at the end.... baby is moving today Its having a party in there. 

I am ready for bed, an early night for me I think. Its my partners birthday today so any excuse to eat cake ha-ha

hope you are well and baby is well

Carly xxx