Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Panicking- advice please needed ASAP x

Hi everyone, am writing this message because I'm panicking slightly-hubby is at work & im on my own. Am just under 7 weeks pregnant & just now when I went to the toilet & wiped there was a small amount of bright red blood on the toilet paper. I had a early miscarriage at just under 5 weeks in March & this baby is so very wanted & longed for. I've had mild stomach cramps on & off for the past few weeks but not severe pain. i just called the maternity unit at my local hospital & spoke to a very nice if a bit condescending midwife who kept calling me honey & telling me that there's not much they can do & I just need to see if the bleeding gets heavier. I know they couldn't do anything but can't understand why they haven't offered to scan me as surely at 7 weeks they would see something? I can't afford a private scan & am just out of my mind with worry :( Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you xx

Replies

• Firstly sorry to hear that you are going through a worrying time. I know you wrote this a few days ago but didn't want to read and run, & hopefully you have now been seen by someone. I experienced numerous miscarriages (though now have 3 children), and when I started bleeding I went to my doctor who would always refer me to the Early Pregnancy Unit who would do an early internal scan. I know it is hard not to worry, but bleeding doesn't always mean a miscarriage, and in my 3rd successful pregnancy I had bleeding on and off throughout. My advice would be to speak to your doctor and see if they can refer you to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit, I am sure that most doctors would be understanding & help you as best you can xx