Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help confused on conception whos the dad!

Right long story split from partner in the december got back together the 14th of feb 2016 in between i had a one night stand on the 30th of january and condom broke i had a positive preg test 1st week of march right dilemma first scan i had was an early one at 8 weeks pregnant it said due date 8th of november which added up for conception on the 14th of feb which would be my partner but hospital routine scans at 13 weeks and 22 weeks have put my due date the 3rd of nov which would make conception the 11th of feb im confused i didnt sleep with anyone then now im unsure who the father is due to the close proximity of them both thanks in advance for any help x

Replies

• Hi Laurajayne, obviously it's impossible to say for sure but the conception date sounds more likely to be 14th Feb, i.e. your partner. Dating via scans is never exact and 3 days out isn't much really - my estimated due date changed by 3 days from my 9 week scan to my 13 week scan and I still don't really know which is more accurate now as I had irregular periods when I got pregnant. If the conception date was 30th Jan, then the scan date would be out by up to 2 weeks (depending on ovulation), which sounds less likely to me.

Are your periods regular? That might make it easier to figure out when conception was more likely, but it does sound like it was probably the 14th Feb to me.

• They are quite regular within a few days i knowi had a period first week to 2nd week of january as i have my ovulation dates wrote down for between the 17th and 22nd of jan as a rough estimate going on the 2 week after period rule x