Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant after reversal

Hi! I just wanted to share my story and let you all share yours, or share advice, if you feel like it.

I'm currently 40. I'd had a tubal ligation done in 2004, following the birth of my 2nd child. After a divorce, and getting remarried to a better man, I got a reverse tubal ligation done...in Jan. 2015. 4 months after the surgery we had to separate while awaiting his visa. So, we never got to try and see how quickly I could get pregnant, if at all.

I was warned by doctors that my age, my reversal, and some thickening of my uterus (I think) could make it hard to get pregnant, and put me at a higher risk for an eptopic (tubal) pregnancy. We understood, but decided to try our luck...naturally, without IVF. 

My husband and I just reunited this Sept (about 3 weeks ago) after having to be apart a year and half. So, my body had plenty of time to heal and adjust. The day he arrived home, I was in my ovulation time. So we took full advantage and crossed our fingers, without expectations. 

That was 4 weeks ago. Right now my period is late, I just had a positive pregnancy test. I've been having calf cramps and mild to moderate nausea. Now I'm just hoping if I'm truly pregnant that is in the womb and not in one of my tubes. I'm holding faith that all is going to be just fine. 

Since it's a weekend, I have to wait till Monday to call and make an app. with an obgyn. I've read that at 6 weeks they can do an ultrasound to check if baby is in right location. And that they can test hormone levels and compare in few days to see if they've increased too rapidly, which is warning sign. 

So that's where I'm at right now. I'm praying all goes well. This will be my husband's first child or children (ya never know). image

Replies

• Congratulations on your pregnancy and wishing you a healthy 9 months x

• Thanks so much. <3

• Hi Jejo, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story and congratulations! Please do keep us posted on your pregnancy and how it's going. And if you'd like to join one of our birth clubs, you can find them here. 

• Update. I went for ultrasound (at 5 weeks) to make sure baby sack was in womb and not in tubes. It was in the correct place. Then I suffered severe back pain, which i figured was my disc issue, but went to ER when I couldn't take it no more, to make sure it had nothing to do with baby. It did not. That was at 7 weeks. Now I'm 8 weeks along, back feels better, boobs are very sore, occasional queasiness, but otherwise i feel good. Looking forward to being a mommy again after so long. My husband is thrilled and is very involved, which I'm so grateful for. 

• Thank you Danielle. I'll definitely check them out. Just gave update too. All is well. :)