Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New baby & step daughter worrys

Hi I'm 36wks and starting to have concerns about my partners daughter who is turning 7 just 2days after my due date. She's gone very moody & will hardly talk to me, if her fathers in the room she acts sweet & innocent but when it's just me & her or her nan she answers back, gives attitude, strops, refuses to eat or speak, I've even cought her giving her nan the 'finger'. Ive also witnessed her being cruel to animals. Ive started having nightmares and stressing out really bad about her being around the baby or hurting him. She was staying every other weekend & my partner sees her 3x a week he's really keen to make sure she has lots of contact with the baby, he wants her at the hospital after I've given birth to hold her baby brother but I'm so scared how she's going to react and if she'd 'accidentally' on purpose hurt him. Has anyone been in this kind of situation I could do with some advice?

Replies

• You need to raise this up with your hubby. I use a cctv systemas a baby monitor, but it can easily be used as a spy camera, for you to capture what she does. Then show this to your partner and use it to seek professional help. Ok being rude and angry at you and everyone else, is maybe a sign of her being jelous, in which case, it is easier to deal with. She just needs her dad to speak to her and reassure her it will all be okay and she will still be daddy little princess. And that the baby will be her responsibility and give her something to look forward too, by suggesting cool things she can do and show the baby. But hearing she does not have any compasion and hurt animal is worrying, and if I was you I would use the evidence to show a child psychologist.