Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Wedding Rings

My fingers have got a bit swollen and my wedding ring and e ring are getting a bit tight so I have taken them off before they get too tight and I can't get them off.

I was planning on wearing then around my neck on a chain but I just did that and they look daft because of the style of them. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do with them?

These are my rings so you can get an idea of why they don't look right on a chain! (maybe a little bit to show them off lol!)

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs086.snc1/4603_184924950471_540055471_6900607_6217395_n.jpg

Replies

• i think it will look fine hun, it wont be for long anyway x

ps - they're gorgepus x
  • I'm sure they'd look lovely on a chain, I daren't do that with mine in case the chain breaks and i lose them, so they've been in my jewellery any for the last 6 weeks! x x x

Em 36+3
  • I wore mine on a chain towards the end. When my son was born, he would hold on to the chain while feeding - sooo cute! The puffiness disappeared pretty quickly though and I could wear them again after a few days.
  • hiya

my wedding ring is on a chain around my neck and engagement ring is in my jewellry box. i would hate not to wear them (we only got married last year), so have found two bigger rings that hubs bought me when i was 18 and 21 which i wore on my middle finger, so am now wearing those on my wedding finger.

sarah
    36+5
  • my engagement ring has been in the box for the last few months! got tight really quick and didnt look right on a chain xx
  • I really can't bear to go without them so I am going to wear them for a while longer (they are only a little tight at the moment) and as soon as I worry they are going to get stuck I will prise them off and wear my engagement ring around my neck. My engagement ring is so beautiful and what my OH chose himself for me and surprised me with whereas my wedding ring is more functional to fit with my e ring and although it represents our wedding it has less sentimental value to me than my engagement ring.
    I really hate to be taking them off only 14 months after our wedding!!!
    I would wear different rings to stop me feeling naked but unfortunately all the rings he bought me a while ago are far to small as it is without swelling up like a balloon!!
    Thanks for your help ladies!
  • I had to take my engagement ring off about 2 weeks ago, and simply except the fact that I will not be wearing it again until after the lo arrives. I am going to give it a super duper clean so it is extra sparkly when back on my finger!!!

HJS
  • Thats a good idea actually HJS, mine are white gold and could do with being repolished, might get that done while I can't wear them so I don't have to go without them as I won't be wearing them anyway!
    Genuis lol!!