Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

nice gestures...

This is one of those picky confusing points that i like to make occasionally but it made me laugh and was embarrasing but very kind at the same time and i thought i would share it with you.
Last night got onto a tube full of drunk/tired people. no one gave me a seat, not unusual (Londoners are practised at the art of looking, but not seeing). But then a drunk man walked into the middle of the carriage and said loudly (almost shouted) 'Is anyone going to stand up?' and pointed wildly at my belly.(me cringing with embarrassmentimageopsimage then half the carriage stood up. Which seat should i choose? obviously i had to because several people were standing up waiting for me not to choose their seat so they could enjoy the rest of their journey. I ended up rushing to the seat nearest me, everyone apologising for not noticing me and my big belly. SO embarrassed, and then i had to thank the man who told them to get up in the first place, 'you really shouldn't have' (literally!). Anyway, it was a very sweet gesture, and i was grateful as i had 6 stops to go and was knackered but what made me laugh most was the fact that he pointed at me rather than saying 'there's a pregnant lady who needs a seat, would anyone mind...' i suppose the belly gives it away but still...almost like i have become and object rather than a person. no matter, i got my seat and was happy , but imageops: that someone did this for me. was trying to build up the courage to do it myself.
Anyway thought i would share...

Replies

• Options
    Hi Claire, ahh how sweet that he did that for you, even though it must have been embarassing for you! lol. Your so right about people looking but not seeing, or rather pretending not to see! So glad you got your seat and had a much more comfy journey home. Take care, Debs x
  • Options
    How lovely! They do say that alcohol gives you a little clarity!! What a nice man.