Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sickness

hi im 7 weeks pregnant and suffering witht he most awfull nausea, ive not been sick just feel it from when i get up to when i go to bed, dont wanna eat or drink anything, anybody got any ideas??????????????

Replies

• hi, im 8 weeks pregnant and also suffering extreme nausea, not really got any cures as of yet but have found that ginger and lemon tea, ginger biscuits, raspberry liquorice and orange juice all seem to ease it slightly.... if you find a fool proof cure please let me know!!
  • I found that fruity things helped but I did develop quite a sweet tooth so make sure you're looking after you teeth too! My favourite things were Jelly Tots!!
  • cant stand anyting sweet at the mo makes me worse, has to be savoury, am worried about drinking coz even water makes me gag a little, i passed out at the docs the other day from heat and not a lot of fluids i think but its super hard to drink, wish i could throw up a couple of times and get it over with lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
  • Hi there!

I'm 18 weeks pregnant, and like you, have suffered from terrible nausea, but no vomiting. I had hoped it would tail off at twelve weeks, but no luck...looks like I'm just one of those women who'll have it for longer than usual:\(

I know it's hard to eat when you feel like this, but if you can try to have a little something it does help. I find that a couple of Cream Crackers, with or without butter, depending on your taste, really helps to ease the nausea. They say that it's worse when your stomach is empty, so eating a little bit of carbohydrate helps.

I also carry a little bottle of ginger essential oil everywhere with me, as I find the smell helps to ease nausea if I'm out and about.

Hope you find something that suits you!
    xxxxxxx
  • hi,

im 9 weeks and have had nausea from day 1 this time, pretty much 24 hours a day. Personally i have found that pepermint tea with 1 sugar left until it is warm has helped me an awful lot, dont smell it hot and def dont drink it hot!! also gingernut biscuits are helping and having frequent v small snacks.

i too dont feel like eating but having an empty tummy can make it worse so i find it best to just try and nibble somthing.

good luck and remember it wil be worth it in the end!!

hugs

julie
  • Hi

I'm 17 weeks now and thankfully (fingers crossed!!) my sickness seems to be fading away. I found that nibbling on plain biccy's throughout the day helped (Rich Tea and Ginger) but extra strong mints really seems to ease the horrible sickness feeling for a little while at least, helping you feel human again!

Hope this helps xxx
  • hi, just to let you know my morning sickness and all day nausea didn't go til bout 24 weeks. It does go eventually though and you actually miss it a little ( only joking) hope you feel better soon but remember it will pass image