Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ice Cream

Replies

• lollipop, is that true about McFlurry's?
    I've stayed away as I'd heard they should be avoided but am gagging for one!!!

found this from another baby website... I worked in McD's years ago. They use pre-pasturised mix in the machines and there is a specially trained person on the morning and evening shift to take the machine apart and put it back together again, spotlessly clean. NOT like a Mr Whippy van at all.

but of course people on a forum are different to doctors and midwifes... (sorry no offence meant but you know what I mean!!!)

xxxxx
  • babybooboo i learned it from that one too lol i really enjoyed that show
    xx
  • Apparently if you are into sweet things like ice cream, you are having a girl, and savoury it is a boy! I think I will be having a boy with all the cheese and marmite I have been munching!
  • I know but was annoyed that the guy Rosemary fancied won! I love all the cooking programs OH laughs at me because I have got Barefoot Contessa on sky+!!
  • Oh really?? It's so mad how not only does everybody think I am having a girl but things keep pointing to it as well. I bet I have a boy now LOL

http://bd.lilypie.com/kyez0/.png

• Ok i need to know NOW!! Can i have a McFlurry???

Cat xxx
  • I second mummt cat.....can we eat McFlurrys? x
  • When I saw my MW on 31 Jan she confirmed to me that it was ok to have McFlurry as machine is cleaned regularly

The other reason you can't have Mr Whippy but can have McDonalds etc is because a van-run ice cream seller constantly shuts off the machine and therefore bactaria is being formed. McDs don't do this!!!

So YES you can have McFlurry!!!!!!!

HTH

xxxxxx
  • Oh my god we're allowed ice cream!!!!!

I've gone 7 months without ice cream for no reason!

My list from the doctor says we're not meant to have soft scoop ice cream

I can't believe it, i want some right now x

http://bd.lilypie.com/bv8a0/.png

• babybooboo im just like u. no sweet things for me at the moment. instead im craving quavers, dairylea sandwiches and chicken! oh and i seem to be wanting fizzy drinks a lot more and i dont normally drink them at all!! Sprite, Shandy and Diet Coke...is this ok?
  • woo hoo - very excited.... McFlurry here I come! x
  • I would be worried about McFlurry's as I work with someone who used to work at McD's and the stories she tells me!! There are still some in the local area she won't eat at as she knows what does on! x
  • Oh wow!

24 AND McFlurries??? Could my day get any better!!!!!!!!!!!

I am picking hubby up from work tonight (a rarity as he works 35mins in the opposite direction to home!) and might sneak into McDonald's before fetching him - hurrah!!!

Joo xxx
  • Joo im with u - 24 and Mcflurrys image xx
  • Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!! I could cry with happiness!!!

Hubby will not be allowed to come home unless he is carrying a super supply of Mc Flurrys!

Cat xxx
  • i am gutted i dont have an icecream craving.....dont really want to eat at all at the moment...husband rang me and lunch and asked me if i would like chicken kiev - i had to put the phone down and run to the loo! the thought of it just made me feel awful.....trying to eat healthily but really not feeling like that at the moment!
  • Reading all of this is making me want an ice-cream (mint choc chip for me!) - I am going to get one now.....
    xxxx
  • Woody - now I fancy Chicken Kiev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Will pop it on hubby's shopping list!

I've been eating lots of normal vanilla ice cream with 100s and 1000s on top. Delish!

My sister got an ice cream maker for Christmas, a proper proper one! She is making me After Eight ice-cream and White Chocolate ice-cream for our 24 night tonight!

xxx
  • sxychick04 - I have the same craving as you I love jacket potatoes at the moment, I have been having them for dinner every night for the last 2 weeks, just with a bit of butter though cant face anything else with it.

I'm also enjoying ice cream and for the past 2 nights have treated myself to a bowl.

I think now that I can eat again I am just going to eat anything I like as long as I am getting plenty friut and veg.

xxxx
  • There are so many things that are common knowledge that you can't eat during pregnancy, liver, raw egg etc, I am sure if McFlurry was one of them we would know about it. I say go for it!
    BTW just found the forum Joo posted about and at the bottom it said "just eat it, soon you will be like the woman who asked if it was safe to wear nail polish in case the chemicals pass through her nails and into her baby!"
    You have got to love how neurotic and paranoid we all get lol!