Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

tmi...can anyone help me??lol

sorry very personal problem but its really gettingme down, i cannot go to the toilet, it is really hurting and it wont come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant strain cant push it out it kills feel like im having a baby only need a poo!! sorry but what can i do about it is all pile cream ok when pg or not? thank you in advance if anyone can help you would be making my day!!! xxx

Replies

• I had a day like this a few weeks ago. It wasn't constipation it just wouldn't happen no matter how long I sat on the loo. Anyway, in the end I got up and had a drink and walked about for a wee while. Then went back to try again. It happened eventually but I'm not gonna say it wasn't sore ! Good luck. S x
  • Hello!!
    I'm sorry your having a bad time-this sounds really painful! From what I've read on here pile cream is ok.
    What I would say is go to your doctors and get a prescription because they should also be able to give you something for constipation-I don't know what you can take from the pharmacy!
    I hope it gets better soon!!
    Lydia xx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev280pps__.png

• Hi hun

Got no idea about pile creams but i have this problem anyway (before pregnancy). Doc gave me Fybogel on prescription - i have one on a morning and one on a night and when i take it regularly it works for me! Poss worth a go.

Hope you get sorted, i totally sympathise with you!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;13/st/20080930/k/111d/preg.png

• Eat plenty of fibre rich food and fruits (esp prunes and other things that make you loose), and drink plenty of water. Try not to push, since that's what risks giving you both piles and varicose vains...

The instructions on the cream are likely to say that you should consult your doctor before using it... seems like everything has a note like that image Might be worth calling your GP to see what they say, but I would assume that any topical creams are safe - be sure to read the labels though!
  • I had this early on in pg and my doc gave me lactulose, it taste horrible, but seemed to work a little. x
  • Hiya- ouch know what your going through. I got prescribed lactolose medicine from the chemist, you can just get it over the counter but clear it with your midwife first.
    3 spoons of that stuff throughout the day certainly worked for me x
  • yayyyyyyyyaaaaayy have been but bum is bloody sore!! thanks for all your relies i am going to the chemist later!!! xxx
  • Fybogel, lactulose (or poo juice as it became known in our house!) and anusol got me through both pregnancies! No-one tells you about the downsides do they!?!?!?!