Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

I have lost weight :\?

Hey guys quick question, I was weighed at my booking in appointment and plus I knew how much I weighed anyway and I am now 19wks PG and I have lost 3lbs is that right?

Have any of you guys lost weight since becoming PG hey I'm not complaining since my last PG I gained 4stone....LOL hopefully I wont gain too much this time round and in all honesty I was never worried about gaining weight but just weighed myself anyway cause I am absolutely huge and I thought I would have at least gained a stone easy, but to find out I have lost weight has made me shocked!

Replies

• hi hun, every one is different. I am nearly 20 weeks and am only just starting to put any weight on (and thats cos i am eating like a dustbin suddenly!)

dont worry x
  • Think I have lost about 5lbs. Put on my size 8 pj bottoms this morning and they are hanging on me, fitted perfect when I brought them in Aug. Am not too worried tho, I didn't really start gaining with my son till around 7 months.

xx
    21 weeks
  • Dont worry twinkle I think it quite common....I lost a lot at 1st and have only put on 5Ibs in 30 weeks! But my bump is measuring spot on, so baby is fine! XX
  • Oh Good, hubby is all about feeding me now becasue i have lost weight but im just not hungry, i mean my stomach looks more like im 30 wks than 19 so im not worried about bubba but i just thought it was weird, glad im not the only one though.

Thanks guys
  • Hey twinkle - i was also big to start with pre pregnancy and am currently 10lbs below my pre preg weight. As long as bubba is growing well i see it as an advantage!

Your metabolism speeds up during pregnancy so that may be the reason

• HI,
    I'm 15 weeks today and although I have a bump already I weigh exactly the same as I did pre-pregnancy. The midwife said I've most likely lost weight off my arms, legs, etc and more or less gained again what I lost in the beginning: She was very happy, in fact she said to me that this is the healthier way and that I should only worry about gaining weight in the 3rd trimester.
    Hope this helps!
    xxxxxx
  • Hehe this post has prompted my to weigh myself for the first time in weeks...

I put on 3lbs during the first 9 weeks, lost them by my 12-week-scan and have put on 1lb since then... which I like to pretend is all on my (.)(.) :lol:
    I think that's a good enough excuse for me to have a few treats.... :P

x
    http://lbdf.lilypie.com/rqZdp1

• Good to know about my metabolism Romeo

Mitxi and El Bumpo i kinda figured that may be it as funnily enough my pre preg clothes afave been looser around the thunder thigh area!

Spring thats exactly what i was thinking treat wise, but funnily enough all i crave is fruit and salad....LOL

I'll tell you something all i have done is eate healthy in this pregnancy not for the want of trying to have chocolate and crisp but i just cant get my stomach around it.

I should take that as a bonus
  • hi twinkle i have lost 9lbs since becoming pg,but i was 12 stone to start with so i dont think its a worry yet xxxx
  • Hon
    Don't worry. I lost 9lb from falling pregnant to 18 weeks. It was quite noticeable too around my face. By 22 weeks I was just at my pre pregnancy weight and now at 37 weeks i only weigh 1 stone 5 pound over what I did so i'm actually very pleased. I have always struggled with my weight and thought I would put on loads but have been lucky.
    As long as you know you are eating enough then I really wouldn't worry chick. My little man is a right chubster too!!!
    Em
    37+1
    xx
  • when I was expecting ds I lost quite a bit of weight, I hadn't lost any at all between having dd and getting pregnant with him (11 months - 20 month age gap) but in my 1st 20 weeks I lost over half a stone, I hadn't told anyone at work until I was 19 weeks, up until then everyone had been going on about how much weight I'd lost, didn't like to tell them that I was pregant and already half way through! I had severe nausea until about 24 weeks, then developed really bad spd, the pain of which made me feel quite poorly, I just completely lost my appetite, he was born 4 days late at a healthy 8lb 4.5oz, exactly a pound bigger than dd, but when I got home and weighed myself I was 1lb lighter than I was before I fell pregnant with him!! at least I didn't have the baby weight to loose from that pregnancy!!
    Your body is very good at letting you know how much you can/can't eat, and wouldn't let you starve your baby, they derive what they need from your body, it's you that is left lacking. x