Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

are cleaning products safe?

I need to give my bathroom a real clean but wanted to check whether it is safe to use cleaning products?? im 10 weeks.

xx

Replies

• ...to be honest I'm not sure but I did read somewhere a few days ago that ou should avoid strong cleaning chemicals and their smells. I'm not sure whether this is during all pregnancy or later on but I've avoided such products so far....well, OH has been doing cleaning so I've not needed to! heehee! xx

13+1
  • well, my husband would clean it I asked him to, but Im very picky and it wouldnt be to my standard - shame on me! lol
  • heehee! well I have to be honest OH doesn't do it as I would normally but I've been so sicky and nauseous lately I haven't cared! heehee!
  • I think they are safe to use any house hold cleaning products...but it is advisable to wear protective aids...including rubber gloves & maybe an apron....this is what i have been told by my employee...just incase any of your skin comes into contact with any of the substances...which could go through your blood stream...then onto your baby. I also do this at home....im getting rather big now to lean over to clean the bath so i get my husband to do that.

little missie x
    26 + 3