Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Burning Baby

Hi everyone!
This is prob gona sound really stupid but me n OH got a takeaway the other night, and on our way home I was holding it on my knee. It was red hot but I enjoyed it keeping me warm as i didnt have a coat. Then as we got closer to home I was feeling lots of bubbling movement really low in my tummy, and then I suddenly realise OMG! Am i burning baby? The food was resting on my tummy and since then Ive felt this bubbling sensation quite a few times. Not sure if it is even the baby though, I'm only nearly 12weeks with my second baby, is it possible this sensation is baby moving (i cnt remember feeling this first time round) and do you think that I burnt it. Kerry xxxxxxx

Replies

• i don't think u burnt it, its so well protected in there and i would say its a little early to be feeling movement but u never know i guess.

Probably just got the feeling cause ur worrying about it so much.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I would say its unlikely you have burt the baby hun, is your skin red? It might be the baby you are feeling? or trapped wind? Hope your ok xxx
  • HI I SOMETIMES WONDER ABOUT THIS TOO, ESPECIALY WHEN IM IN THE BATH CAUSE I LIKE IT REALLY HOT. I THINK IT SHOULD BE OK THO, CAUSE PEOPLE GO ABROAD WHEN THEY ARE PREG AND THINK OF PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN REALLY HOT COUNTIRES TOO. IF YOU ARE REALLY WORRIED ASK YOUR MIDWIFE, BUT IVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT AVOIDING HEAT NEAR BUMP.I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR WORRIES THO X
  • Cheers ladies, it prob wasnt even baby i felt, its a strange feeling tho. Kerry xxxxx